It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old UFO experience of mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First of all, hi, I've already introduced myself in the New Member forum but this will be the first time I've posted anywhere else on ATS

This was a couple of years ago, and I'm afraid I can't remember exactly how old I was so I'm unsure as to just how long ago this happened, but bear with me.

What I do remember is that it was about 11 o'clock at night and there was a report of a meteorite shower for that day on the news, so my siblings and I went out to watch it since we were having a rare, clear night. There was one large translucent cloud in the sky (you know, formed enough that you could see it making the sky a light white but not enough to obscure the stars behind it) but that was it.

Everything was going as you would expect, and we got treated to the light show of the space rocks burning up in the sky, leaving long white streaks before disappearing. But then I saw a white light that wasn't moving very fast or burning up at all. But it was definitely moving, and at first I didn't think too much of it as it was slowly going in the same direction as the meteorite streaks.

However it then curved and began cutting across the meteorites path, got what looked to me to be about halfway across the sky (where the meteorites weren't) where it ended up in the vicinity of the large cloud, then made a similar turn but this time headed up and soon disappeared. One second there was an odd light in the sky, the next there wasn't.

My brother saw this thing (as my sister had gone in by then) and my Step Dad knew about it, as I'd ran in to tell him once I realised I couldn't identify it then ran straight back out to keep an eye on it, but the next day both of them denied anything had happened.

So my questions are 1: Does anyone know what this could be and 2:Why would the other witnesses suddenly decide they hadn't seen anything at all?

I look forward to seeing any opinions, although I won't be able to answer any questions until late tonight.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by ShiningSabrewolf]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Okay, I take it from the lack of replies people either think it's obvious, don't care, have no answer, want more information or want a diagram. And I do admit it is kinda hard to imagine without any visual reference.

So here is a bad Paint image I made to illustrate the experience.

I also see I didn't really describe it very well, I was in kind of a hurry. It was a completely white dot of light that occasionally pulsed, but never became dim or changed colour.

If this is not a UFO, although I am of course aware it will remain that until it is identified XD, please tell me and explain just what it is. Because I don't have one...

EDIT: You might wanna click on it, looks like I made it slightly too big so the forums shaved the right side of it off

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It could be possible they were attempting to avoid the incoming rocks.

After all they might not want to have their shiny ships all dented

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

Heheh, yeah, I guess they could have done that.

If aliens came to visit, I'm sure seeing the effects of a different planets atmosphere on incoming rocks and vice versa would be interesting to their scientists. Maybe they got a bit overenthusiastic and got in too close

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

Hey SabreWolf, I'm originally from Nottingham (New Basford), I also saw a UFO in Nott'm but a very long time ago (early to mid 80's). In fact, I'd say I had a close encounter of the 3rd kind (have posted about this on ATS, hidden away in some thread somewhere).

If you do a search on UFO's Nottingham, U.K, you'll find a lot have been seen there: Google

I don't know what you saw but if it was a UFO and other witnesses are now denying it (post initial admission) then I'd say something freaky happened.

Have you had recurrent dreams pertaining to encounters, space, UFO's since the first show? Few that have seen UFO's experience them only once.

[edit on 22/12/08 by Rapacity]

top topics

join