It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Time Expansion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Normally I can tell what time it is, how long I've slept within a few minutes.

I'll wake up in the middle of the night and think 'it's 3am' and it will be 2:58. Happens all the time; I'm sure many of you can do this.

Well in the past five days I go to bed and wake up and think that several hours have passed, I've had a few dreams, tossed and turned, and obviously spent a lot of time sleeping and been refreshed.

I look at my watch and only 30 minutes have gone by.

Last night I went to bed at 9pm. Got a good sleep, figured I'd get up at midnight or 2am, and watch TV.

I noticed light under my bedroom door. I get up feeling good, and go out and my SO is watching TV. I say 'whoa, you're up late...'

I look at my watch and (I kid you not) it's 9:30!

This hasn't just happened once, but about 5-6 times. I go to lie down for a nap at 5pm, figure I'll get up at 7pm, have several dreams, get plenty of rest and it will be 5:30.

Each time it happens I have a sense of complete unreality, like someone's setting the clocks back.

I mean, I can't complain, b/c I'm completely rested. But dayum!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Sometimes 15 minutes is all the body needs to be re-energized. I can have a lot of dreams in 30 minutes and it does amaze me. I think when we dream, it is a lot shorter than we realize the dream is. (If that makes any sense).

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

True, Bart, but these instances just had the strong feeling of 'that's impossible'.

I wish I had recorded the first three times, but it didn't rise to the level truly strange and repeating until the last two. They were also the stronger two in these sense of having slept at least 3-4 hours.

Thing is, I take a lot of short naps 60-90 min to recover from my rides - one or two, 4 or 5 days a week and I'm -always- within a few minutes of the time I expect/predict.

I'm a light sleeper and toss and turn a lot and wake up and go back to sleep and I remember this usual pattern. There is no way all these signs appeared and the time kept to 30 min (and 30 min exactly).

We'll see if it happens again.

Meanwhile I'll try to remember more.

new topics

join