It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinesis / Psychokinesis / Mind over Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Lethil
BTW nohup...do atoms cahnge simply by being conscious and observing them? thats always pickled my brain...ive always thought it was a bad scientific test...not sure..though...but who is in quantum mechanics?

This is the point where philosophy intersects with physics. From what I understand, if we weren't around to observe things, everything would remain in a virtual state. That's Schrodinger's Cat. If we don't look in the box, the cat not only might be alive or dead, but for practical purposes it is both alive and dead at the same time.

And of course we're also dealing with a continuum here. We have a point of view that helps us define our reality, but we're also composed of and surrounded by tiny, individual cells that also have a point of view and also function to define reality out of virtuality. So we're trapped in our reality a bit, but also interact with it.

Do atoms change just because I think? Sure. I see a dog on the street. The photons of various energies have bounced off the dog, zoomed through my eyes and stimulated electrical and chemical reactions on the back of my eye. From there, those electrical signals are routed to various portions of my brain, other signals are created according to my will, and rearranged so that I can coordinate my lungs, throat and tongue enough to say, "That's a dog." It's not automatic. I don't say the word "dog" every time I see one. What makes that happen is my mind, my will, my decision.

We're bombarded by the grosser physical aspects of reality all the time, but there have been some very good studies done that suggest on a very subtle level that we might have a more direct link between our minds and the external world that is immediately obvious. It's extremely small and not hugely functional, but sometimes tiny little changes can have huge effects through time -- possibly forward and backward.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Nohup]

Thankyou very much,easily put for me to understand,schrodingers cat is also a very good philosophical/mental exercise.Ive often brung it up in conversation with friends.Anyway...i still dont fully understand the whole complexity of it though...but atoms are weird...i guess im thinking too much of the physical ie Brain,skull etc than the sub atomic level where everything is just completely mind boggling...atoms two places at the same time etc...Anyway cheers nohup.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluegate

How do I prove those are magic tricks? Just go to YouTube and type in magician. I too, have seen those tricks again and again. They are slight of hand, nothing more.
I do realize Uri Geller did magic tricks and passed it off as "psychic", but I would think people realize it by now.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Did you go to the website I posted? www.freesailing.com The videos are pretty impressive. I'd like to know how you can use "sleight of hand" to do that. I'm not saying I completely believe these telekinesis videos are real but I keep an open mind. I haven't seen any magicians do these things but just because it's possible to fake doesn't mean those videos aren't real. You should also checkout godspeed's youtube page. I don't know why he'd be so into telekinesis if he was a magician and thought it wasn't real.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Haveacigar]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Haveacigar

While those are impressive tricks, they are just that. Doug Henning used to do close up magic just like those tricks. They are good, but nothing more than sleight of hand. I don't know why he is calling himself a psychic, as any magician can do the same tricks.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Okay, these are probably magic tricks. There's a definite 'too good to be true' vibe about them.

But...
Just because something can be performed as an illusion doesn't mean every time it's ever seen it is an illusion. I honestly believe that there are people capable of performing levitiation (probably not many in the western world). I also believe that there are illusionists capable of performing an illusion of levitiation.

Just because something can be done one way, doesn't mean that every time it is done, it is done that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I remembered a few years back, when volunteered for psychokinesis study lead by SteveR and I believed Biggie Smalls, I was able to develop the ability.

I think after about a week or two, I was able to spin a psiwheel, and I documented about 15 second of it on my cellphone. Though there was one thing I was never able to do, and that was to spin it under a container. However, when I placed my hand inside the makeshift container, I was able to.

What that told me was their is a mental blockage inside my head, that wouldn't allow me to do it.

Can I do it now? Probably not at this point, the lifestyle I lived three years ago isn't the lifestyle I lived now; the mindset I had three years ago, isn't the mindset I have. I used to live a spiritual lifestyle, and I was on what you could say a personal journey. But every since my senior year of high school and college, I've mind has been pretty much wrapped around my academic and social life, and nearly lost my spiritual way.

I will say however,after a few run in with fate, I really can never fully turned away from the spiritual aspect of me, theres always some part of my life that is telling me to go back to it. I'm not sure how I'm going to get back on my spiritual journey, I don't even recall how I got on in it the first place, but I have a feeling once I do, it'll be for life, its part of what I had in plan for myself.

Once I do feel I'm mentally and spiritually ready, I'll give it another shot, and I'll document it for you guys.

And To be honest, my intention wasn't really ever to learn psychokinesis, it was pretty much search for knowledge and answer about the mysteries of life and myself. And seriously I think thats the key for me personally to tap into that ability again.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
its fake im VERY confident in saying this im a magician THOSE ARE BLATANT TRICKS if all you would LIKE TO SEE some (genuine) experiments in pk/tk check out my videos on youtube (MINDFREAK419666) RATE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES my lastest video was a windill experiment check it out

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cronosh
this is real im part of his yahoo group

hes not much of a teacher no never helps out the begginners

can you tell me what yahoo group it is?

I've been trying this stuff for a while, if you believe precognitive dreams, i have had several I've watched come true to astounding accuracy.. i've seen in the future that I'd have a pretty good grasp at it, but more then that, I had a different state of mind altogether. For all I know, joining this group could be a step.

Again, if you can give me that, thanks bud.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

You can locate his yahoo group here - groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott

thanks buddy.

This shall be quite interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Then what about John Chang video?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

"We must transcend our thinking, and use our minds for the best Spiritual Interests of the Universe, not just for the material pursuits mankind." (Jack)

Jack , the real Psychokinesis

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Bluegate]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Bluegate]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
OK a couple of years ago I experimented with this whole psi wheel thing. And yes I made it spin a LOT, I became pretty good at it. But I guess there was always the thought in the back of my mind saying it's probably a little wind doing it. But maybe not, because if I quickly make a psi wheel now it doesn't move at all, and it didn't move 2 years ago at all before not until I started practicing.

I should test this out again, to come up with a final conclusion. Makes you feel stupid, but I do it in the name of science! haha

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wow @ the jack video. that is incredible. you may think its something with his hands, but then when he doesnt use them, thats what gets me. I dont understand why this cant be possible? science is always progressing. isnt there a chance that this could be something we just havent discovered through science yet?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
here is my PK,enoy www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join