It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown object creates dark black straight 'contrail'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was out taking some beautiful shots of the sun set and I was remarking to the wife that it was a beautiful evening when we saw high and to the right a small glint of light. It vanished so I just went back onto the scene in front of us, and in the view finder I watched this dark black line just go from within the clouds, straight and direct out the base towards the setting sun.

There was no noise, just a really jet black line being drawn across the sky. Not as fast as a meteor, but way faster than your average passing aircraft thats for sure.

The above image is a crop of the main one, and I drew on it an arrow to show the direction of travel of this black 'contrail'.

Straight crop from the original picture.

Edited because I screwed the links up!
oops.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I don't see anything but clouds. What am I not seeing that you're seeing so clearly?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What exactly is this photo supposed to show us?

I see what looks like a very pretty sunset, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I see a faint black line, but it seems to vanish once it gets out of the background of the cloud.

Did you see this object, do you think it's a real ET craft or just a UFO?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just think its an unknown. The obect in question is at the end of the dark contrail just before the cloud ends.

I can say the speed was alot less than a meteor, but is it possible to get 'slow' ones? Never seen one, but thats not to say they are not possible.

So its a true UFO to us both.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This looks like a distrail, not a contrail — i.e., a plane flew through a cloud and created sort of a 'tunnel'. After that it's just shadow from the setting sun.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The black line is common at sunset as the contrail casts a shadow against the clouds which are illuminated by the setting sun. I cannot speak for the flash of light, but the contrail is normal and I see the same thing quite regularly being under the flight paths to two airports.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
What i think we are looking at in Dan's picture's is the shadow of a contrail from a plane flying above the cloud level.

I have seen this effect created many time's myself when you see one during the day they look more spectaculer.

And it is even possible to see them at night when the moon is full it can sometime's look very bizzare as all you see is a black line forming in the dark night's backdrop.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

new topics

top topics

join