It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How to Identify Misinformation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh...so that's what it is....It would be a good joke if it wasn't for real, they must think we are all pretty dense:

usinfo.state.gov...

Does the story claim that vast, powerful, evil forces are secretly manipulating events? If so, this fits the profile of a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theories are rarely true, even though they have great appeal and are often widely believed. In reality, events usually have much less exciting explanations.

The U.S. military or intelligence community is a favorite villain in many conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yea, that's a way to divert media from the truth!
"Anyone who says we're wrong is 'misinformed'."

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What I don't get is why does the term "theory" have a positive connotation in almost every science, but when aplied to conspiracy it has a massive negative conotation, despite the fact that History is full of proven conspiracies and indeed human nature clearly shows that a not irrelevant fraction of the population is manipulative and selfish.

Actually I do get it. It's memetic warfare and brainwashing, to make the feeble minded not pay atention to information that would make their lives change for the better and the conspirators lives take a downturn.

If there is one term that we need to change the memetic profile of it is "conspiracy theory". For the good of our civilization it needs to evolve into a positive conotation.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Oh, I had to S&F! ROFL!

What a way to construct a smoke screen!

Where's the guy who wrote that? Ah! There you are! I just wanted to tell you... We beLIEVE you! Hahaha.

Not.

(Still chuckling over this!)

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's hilarious how the site specifically names Rense and Al Jazeera as misinformationists and sad how they try to mock the conspiratorial angles related to 9/11 and HIV.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dr Mary's Monkey eh?

Yes, these are huge issues that have the potential to bring down an elitist government and change the path of a nation, possibly destroying it. I understand the rational behind the missinformation, but I just think that they are no longer saving anything worth saving.

Liars, tramps and thieves...

top topics

join