It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bigfoot an ancient human Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This was brought up bye "super70" on the mythical beasts board and I thought it would also be good thread for debate on this board..

Super70--Bigfoot: My Strange Theory

I’ve always been interested in the mystery of Bigfoot. It certainly seems possible for a large primate to survive in the remote wilderness regions of the world. I find it hard to believe that all the sightings were simply miss identifications, attention seekers, or outright hoaxers. Much like the UFO phenomenon, there have been too many credible witnesses to simply dismiss the subject as fantasy.
The main problem is no hard physical evidence, specifically, no body.

This is where my theory comes in, and it certainly requires an open mind.

Could Bigfoot sightings be the ghosts of ancient man?
If you believe in ghosts, and the many accounts of ghost sightings, its not that far fetched of a theory. People have witnessed ghosts from many different eras, from civil war soldiers to medieval castle haunts.
So how far back do these ghosts really go in time? Why not all the way back to ancient man? The reports are often similar, they see the ghost, it does not bother them, but when noticed often walks away and disappears. The Bigfoot sightings sound very similar. The beast is seen, he walks away and is gone. Its much easier to believe a Bigfoot can just loose you in the expanse of the forest, but maybe it simply walked into nothing and was gone.
Ghosts are known to open and shut doors, leave hand imprints and touch people. Yet of course no body of the ghost is ever found, its appearing from another dimension. Bigfoot may leave prints and rustle some leaves, but then is gone as quickly as it appears.

Bye the way he has givin me permission to quote

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It would make sense as to why the scientists can't find a body.

Interesting thought

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the quote Bugs!

Much like a ghost sighting, the Bigfoot sightings are usually of the creature "watching" someone, as if interested in whats going on.
You never hear of a sighting where the creature was taking a bath, eating some lunch, or sleeping in a cave. It always seems to appear and watch us, but quickly "disappears" when noticed, exactly like ghost reports.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

1. Demonstrate ghosts exist
2. Demonstrate Bigfoot exists
3. Evaluate links between the two

You can't skip parts 1 & 2 and go straight to 3 - that would be called a "vapid argument" - one being completely devoid of any actual logic, evidence, reason, or even solid base. All you can hope to get from this discussion is "I think they are" or "I don't think so". You will NOT get any facts, apart from "you will not find out in this thread, as neither ghosts nor Bigfoot seem to exist".

top topics

join