It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official: Iraqis told me WMDs sent to Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Isnt it weird that EVERYTHING links back to Syria? And noone finds it odd lol ..

Anyway , I could torture any radom guy off the street enough and if i load the questions right , Get him to admit that GWB has the WMD's .

They could at least you know release a video . Even a bad fake would convince enough sheep these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by jsobecky

As for the convicts, well how do you think they got in prison to begin with? By being Boy Scouts?

You do realise about 85% of the detainees captured in the War on Terror from Iraq & Afghanistan are either completely innocent or low-level foot soldiers/ combatants that are worthless in terms of intelligence value?

Yes! 85% are innocent and the other 15% had bad lawyers!

Sell that stuff to the same people that, along with you, kiss Ahmadinejad's arse.

Nobody gets released unless their "locations" pan out.

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Ah yes Former Marine MP "jsobecky" gives us the low down on Iraqi jails and the how detention system works over there.

Since when is testimony from inmates compiled into National Security Briefings and Intelligence?

Oh never. It's right there on page 3 Section 7 Paragraph 2 Line 4. It's prohibited. Only testimony from Aussie ATS'ers who live in momma's basement is accepted. You are so right!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Originally posted by WhatTheory

What's really funny is that a lot of people who believe 'Bush lied' about this also believe in the 9/11 conspiracy and there is really less to no evidence. Funny how this works.

Excellent observation!

reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
They could at least you know release a video . Even a bad fake would convince enough sheep these days.

And absolutely nothing would convince the Kool-Aid drinkers.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
my moms uncles dogs cousins fathers owner wifes stepson told me that the united states sold iraq most of the weapons of mass destruction they may have had back in the 80's.

so who knows, its a crazyworld.

there we go spoken like a hero of the truth

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1

Originally posted by TheRepublic
my moms uncles dogs cousins fathers owner wifes stepson told me that the united states sold iraq most of the weapons of mass destruction they may have had back in the 80's.

so who knows, its a crazyworld.

there we go spoken like a hero of the truth

Hush people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those are America's dirty littler secrets, they are no to be exposed to the Innocent ears of the misguided patriots.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

post by WhatTheory
It's a possibility.

Sure its a possibility, a less likely scenario when one critically assess the evidence we've accumulated for the past several years. After five years you'd think perhaps something more would be found than unusable munitions, or some "badly corroded" yellow cake...

Can you tell me where these are?
From Colin Powell's speech to U.N. regarding Iraq & so-called smoking guns:

"This one is about a weapons munition facility, a facility that holds ammunition at a place called Taji (ph). This is one of about 65 such facilities in Iraq. We know that this one has housed chemical munitions. In fact, this is where the Iraqis recently came up with the additional four chemical weapon shells. Here, you see 15 munitions bunkers in yellow and red outlines. The four that are in red squares represent active chemical munitions bunkers."

Here's another nice quote:

"For more than 20 years, by word and by deed Saddam Hussein has pursued his ambition to dominate Iraq and the broader Middle East using the only means he knows, intimidation, coercion and annihilation of all those who might stand in his way. For Saddam Hussein, possession of the world's most deadly weapons is the ultimate trump card, the one he must hold to fulfil his ambition."

Source:www.guardian.co.uk...

So how does your loyal Powell feel now about the song and dance he did at the U.N. you ask?:
"I look back on it, and I still say it was the lowest point in my life." -Colin Powell
Source:www.cnn.com...

Well, there has been evidence. We did find a bunch of munitions with poisen gas

Oh really, you mean these....I won't bother to explain just read and weep...

"The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added."

Source:www.defenselink.mil...

W'hat about that yellow cake? Again I'll let you read, rather than have me explain things..

"Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said."
Source:www.cbsnews.com...< br />

Doesn't exactly quite sound like the gloom and doom Powell and others made things appear. And it doesn't sound like they had enriched uranium ready to bomb NY, either does it?

There have been captured chemists. Here is one: Captured chemist
Right, that news cliping states "Saturday, March 29, 2003" Yawn...wow isn't that like 5 years ago? Gee...an not a follow up story on this supposed transfer of WMD to Syria since? Strange...

Because there is so much evidence to the contrary. What's really funny is that a lot of people who believe 'Bush lied' about this also believe in the 9/11 conspiracy and there is really less to no evidence. Funny how this works.
Like I said, over 4,000 Dead...as in not coming back, tens of thousands of GIs injured, billions if not trillions looted from the American taxpayers, they say between 83,221 - 90,782 Iraqi civilians are dead (Source: www.fas.org...)

So for those who think this was a "just war" pray, hell I'll pray with you if it will make it so, that they find these WMDs. It would make sleeping a lot easier, although 5 years? I wouldn't hold my breath.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'd like to leave you with this, it was a report pretty much released a year after the war. Nothing since the release of this report has changed though.

"A report from U.N. weapons inspectors to be released today says they now believe there were no weapons of mass destruction of any significance in Iraq after 1994, according to two U.N. diplomats who have seen the document."

Kay reported in October that his team found "dozens of WMD-related program activities" that Iraq was required to reveal to U.N. inspectors but did not. However, he said he found no actual WMDs.
"The study, a quarterly report on Iraq from U.N. inspectors, notes that the U.S. teams' inability to find any weapons after the war mirrors the experience of U.N. inspectors who searched there from November 2002 until March 2003."

"Iraq's nuclear weapons program was dormant. No evidence was found to suggest Iraq possessed chemical or biological weapons. U.N. officials believe the weapons were destroyed by U.N. inspectors or Iraqi officials in the years after the 1991 Gulf War."

Source:www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Edit because I've decided that I'm apathetic.

S.

[edit on 3/8/08 by Smokersroom]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Well, join the army WhatTheory, instead of mouthing off about what needs to be done to make the world a better place. Live Bush'es remake of the american dream. I'm sure you'll love it, there are tons of "sandy towelheads" just waiting peacfully in their villages to get shot by you.
Unless perhaps you already signed up, which explains your facist warmongering posts as post-traumatic stress.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Excellent finds Gateway

My original point was, if the Bush Administration had any solid shred of proof that these allegations were true they would have played that wildcard for all it's worth in the media in a bid to try and excuse themselves for starting this mess with no justification whatsoever.

There really is nothing concrete in regards to Saddam's alleged WMD program.

So far we have:

- Rusty mustard gas shells, mouldy Sarin and leftovers from the stockpile the US gave him in the 1980's.

- Worthless, industrial-grade yellowcake that Saddam could not refine because Israel destroyed his Osiraq facility in 1981.

- Rumours and ramblings from convicts that something MAY have been moved to Syria before the invasion but of course no verifiable testimony. (Like a prisoner's credibility holds up in courts of law).

- Saddam's supposed "ambitions" to restart his WMD programme once inspectors left Iraq.

And when you consider this is the evidence that was used to justify a war that has cost over 1 trillion dollars, resulted in the deaths of over 1 million people and has embroiled America into a quagmire that has yet to be resolved after 8 years, not to mention emboldened Islamic Fundamentalists all across the world...

That is really a half-assed, limp-wristed justification. I don't see how anyone can still support this war and call it "legal" after looking back on the evidence presented.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Thank you !

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Well, join the army WhatTheory, instead of mouthing off about what needs to be done to make the world a better place.

What a lame argument!

So a person must be currently in the military to have my views? Is this what you are saying? I hope not because that is ridiculous.

I was in the military but I'm a little to old currently to be deployed in the field. However, I am playing a role which helps and supports the military.

Unless perhaps you already signed up, which explains your facist warmongering posts

Wow, so you think everybody in the military is a facist warmonger.

Well, this sure does explain a lot about yourself and it's not good.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Right, I thought as much.
There are two types of soldiers. The ones who realize that they are being used as political instruments, and that they are getting shot at because some guy wants a new indoor swimming pool. They know who the enemy really is.
Those guys I can relate to.

The others, blinded by patriotism and hatred of other humans, actually enjoy blowing countries and children up because they think that this makes the world a safer place. When they go back home, leaving behind them smoldering cities and charred corpses, they enjoy a nice T-bone steak with wife and kids, in a nice safe suburban home with a flag stuck in their garden, because they are actually proud of screwing up hundreds of peoples lives so that they can get a slice of the good stuff.
Those I do not relate to.

The soldiers in the first category don't try to justify unjustifiable wars, with pathetic asumptions about WMDs. They keep their head down, realize what a crap deal they got, and pray for a one-way ticket out.
The soldiers in the second category can't wait for another chance to shoot something swarthy in the name of America, make lists of the places they would like to see blown up next, and believe that any patchy rumor can justify invasion, torture and mass murder.
Have fun in Syria. Say hi to the orphans, the maimed and the widows. They all had it coming. Hiding those WMD's in their pockets and schools and hospitals. Bomb it all !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join