It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-Time question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I would like to ponder a recent thought discovery I made.

If you hypothetically traveled back to yourself in time from the future, you would be forming a new loop in the fabric of space-time. You will have created your own infinite time continuum or universe, existing within the very fabric of space. It is essentially placing your complete existence into a new container of space-time which includes a closed loop connecting future, past, and present. This would also appear to freeze or rather stop the velocity of higher dimensional space-time. From our perspective the higher dimensional space would stand still because you would always return to the beginning of the loop infinitely from within the fabric of the larger dimensional space/time. I used photoshop to make a representation of what I mean.

What we are looking at is two things which remain consistent. The representation shows how the fabric of space actually works and appears in both a 2d and 3d world.

Like a video camera which is pointed at the same TV it's setup to display on, space-time creates a cascading shrinking effect just like the image that would display on the TV screen of the video camera pointed at it. This however is only to our perspective and the future appears to be getting smaller and smaller traveling off in vortex like pattern. When looking at the picture you can see what time-space would look like as you stair out into the future fabric.

The second thing this image represents is the possible proof of eternity. If you theoretically did travel back in time to yourself, you would have also created a new loop within the fabric of higher dimensional space-time, making the higher dimensional time appear to freeze and the newly created lower dimensional space infinite.

Newly created time-loops would always have to be connected to higher dimensional space time. I would have to assume the actual speed of time would remain consistent. Like a sprocket spinning, the higher dimensional space drives the lower dimensional space-time at an equal velocity.

Is there any science or mathematical explanation for this?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by libertytoall]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
good theory, but if you look at the M theory where multiple parallel universes go, it is unlikely that if you did go back in time, which is theoretically possible due to super massive black holes, is that you can only exist once in one universe so i believe, so if you did go back in time to see yourself you wouldn't exist in the past, or maybe not at all, but as there is an infinite possibilities, it could happen as physics can change and in others no longer exist in some other parallel universes, and there is known to be freak instances where things don't go right in our own universe other wise the big bang wouldn't happen.

so you could be right, and it is right in other universes.

CobbyJ

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is time? Time is what clocks measure. It is the passage of a quantity of a series of uniform events. Two devices using the same interval, measure the same number of events. They are synchronized.

Time is simply a cartesian grid applied over the conceptual dimension of N Events in sequence, as is done with a dimension of space. Is there space? Are there dimensions?

In truth no, none of those things exist in nature. Nature is a whole, not an assembly of cartesian planes stacked infinately together. We conceptualize and divide the whole into smaller conceptual components for ease of manipulation. This has shown to have some utility in controlling or predicting outcomes. It makes for good science but a very messy universe if it were implemented as described.

Now that we are on the subject of synchronicity; Interestingly metronomes have a similar function to a clock but one behavior which scientists prefer not to deal with, other than as a novelty.
I wonder how much of physics would be rewritten if we used metronomes instead of clocks?

It is well known that metronomes will synchronize with one another. A cluster of metronomes which are at different stages in their swing will all become coordinated with one another. Has local time shifted for the metronomes? Can you shift the time coordinate of an object simply by placing other objects out of harmony approximate to it, and keep shifting those objects phase minutely in a desired direction? Would this be time travel?

This synchronization I believe is one of the last refuges of magic left in science. The fact is well documented, the "physics" underlying are, I think not so well understood. Unless you go quantum on it!

Like Fireflies and Pendulum Clocks, Nano-oscillators Synchronize ...
www.nist.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not that I agree or disagree but your theory seems to revolve around the premise that time is linear... and that going back in time is creating another parallel linear thread that is tied in to the first in some way.

I agree and disagree.

I think time is more fluid than we realize with the past being as, or almost as, mutable as the future.

I think that where our perception is focused, is the present. I think that those who can change the focus of their perception are the ones who are able to remote view or glimpse the future or divine the past. I begin to digress but my point is that I believe that its not so much time travel, as perception change.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Interesting concepts, but interpretations of relativity aside, true time is constant, forward and unyielding. Only the concepts of time measurement, which is to say the perception of time is subjective and can be altered by a great many things, speed, motion, gravity, mass, energy, and so on. The various theories about string, quantum, multi-verse and the ever popular current interpretations of relativity, all have basic mathematical flaws when trying to force changes in true time. The various flaws can only become completely evident when all data applicable to that specific theory is accurately collected and collated comprehensively. But as long as we have persistent un-rectified variables, we can still fantasize about unlimited possibilities.
I am somewhat puzzled by the insistence that faster than the speed of light travel is presented as being impossible by the theory of relativity, as I am not entirely sure that is still accurate, so I have begun to refer to it as the interpretation of the theory of relativity.
For your consideration;
Once thought to be rare in the universe were black holes, a recent discovery indicates that a black hole exists in the center of every galaxy in the universe. These black holes appear to have mass in motion just outside the rim of these black holes, at near the speed of light. And the closer to the actual perimeter of the black hole, the faster the mass is traveling. I submit that the mass once achieving faster than speed of light, crosses the perimeter into the black hole and does not disintegrate, but becomes black as light can no longer reflect or radiate from that mass as an attached energy particles or waves. I furthermore submit that this very same mass becomes spun outward from the black hole rather than being collapsed into a singularity. But we’ll have to wait and see about some as yet still missing data when the collider goes online.
Then again, I could be wrong.

top topics

join