It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopium helps you forget several unpleasant facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Finally some insight into the Barack Obama infatuation syndrome! Apparently it's highly contagious, and at present, there is no cure for it.

Hi, my name is John. I'm a hopium addict.

It's true. Yes, I'm a journalist. And that led to the harder stuff. Then one day, Barack phoned the Tribune and called me "bro."

Now, I'm addicted to hopium.

So if you're addicted to hopium, or you're worried that your loved ones might fall prey to its power, then please click on this link for the hard left's Moveon.org commercial for Barack Obama

"I never thought it could happen to me," says a shaggy blond-haired surfer dude in the ad, a guy who should have carried a bong.

"I've been living with it for a while now," says a young woman, talking as if she'd contracted a sexually transmitted disease.

That's how they discuss hopium. Like a disease. But they have nothing to be guilty about. It's not some disease that cranky old Republicans can't get because they stopped having sex.

It's hopium.

Once you see it, you won't be the only one addicted to hope. You'll all become addicted—you, your family and friends, even your pets, except for various crustaceans in your aquarium, which are immune. But you and yours are not immune. You'll all become hope-heads, together.

It's America's most powerful drug. Once on hopium, you won't care if Iran has nukes or if taxes are raised during a recession or whether Obama keeps flipping and flopping on everything from foreign wiretaps to withdrawing troops from Iraq.

Who cares? Relax. Hopium is your friend.

Just ask Republicans. They sure could use some, especially now that Republican Sen. Ted Stevens was indicted on corruption charges on Tuesday. But like lemmings, Republicans are stubbornly jumping off his bridge to nowhere.

Full Citation

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
continued..

Like today's liberals, yesterday's conservatives were also hopped up on hopium. This was years ago, when they yearned to believe in "big government conservatism," the Rule of Law Except for Scooter Libby and the Rovianization of federal prosecutors.

Now, John McCain is suffering the aftereffects, because most journalists are hope-heads who portray him as if he's the angry Scottish janitor guy on " The Simpsons." And most journalists—judging by their frenetic denials about liberal media bias—are obviously too far gone in the grip of hopium to remain rational.

"This is your brain," says a woman in the Obama ad holding a hard-boiled egg. She's an actress who once killed sexy vampires on TV.

"This is your brain on hope!" says an angry fellow sitting next to her, another actor, who played some random guy on "Boy Meets World."

He's still angry, holding a newly hatched chicken. It looks like a Peep, only alive and fluffy.

Alive. It's alive. Hope is alive.

"Hope. It could happen to you," says the narrator with a deep voice.

Then the screen is filled with Obama '08 and you realize it's a campaign commercial for Obama and you start to cry, like when you cry at Kodak commercials, or life insurance spots. We Americans are so emotional these days.

Source

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sorry! Double post..Arghh

[edit on 31-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
- nice post!

It's America's most powerful drug. Once on hopium, you won't care if Iran has nukes or if taxes are raised during a recession or whether Obama keeps flipping and flopping on everything from foreign wiretaps to withdrawing troops from Iraq.

Isn't that the truth, just like a drug to escape some reality. Forget about addressing the issues, but instead, believe it will work itself out if people like you.

If Obama gets elected, the whole world will like us! Forget about only pretending to be friends and posing as spys, they will truely like us because Obama is such a charmer!!

If we can't escape Obama's charm and dashing good looks, who can?? Certainly not Kim Jong Ill or President Hu Jinto of China. They will stop their clandestine Nuclear programs and not keep building them because Obama wants them to.

Hopium, it's a great drug. The side effects are Nuclear devastation on US soil, losing all your money and individualism to a bigger dysfunctional government and martial/sharia law.

These are side-effects we can live with though, the drug is worth it.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah, hopium has changed my mind! I think I'll rush right out and start campaigning for Barack Obama too!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Yeah, hopium has changed my mind! I think I'll rush right out and start campaigning for Barack Obama too!

So LLoyd45 I can see what you are saying... I am an old school hope head since O and KEYS had their contest. Anyhow its possible that you are infected with an itching hate of
Obama,. I don't know you so I can't really tell if you are just anti Obama or Anti liberalism? I suppose it does not matter much at all. I can relate
your relentless dislike in that I fell the same way about BUSH WHACKER.

Further more if you really want to get into it I don't feel Mccain has revealed much policy either.
Believe it or not I often you tube Mccain to see what he is up to on his campaign.
Unfortunately I think this election is going to be won by the merits of political hit jobs...
Which ever side stabs and bleeds the other guy of enough votes wins...

Anyways I am not here to battle or argue... As you may be aware there is argument for every argument on every side. I am certainly a pinko terrorist loving unpatriotic liberal so I really can't get behind Mccain based on economic and social principals.

I just wanted to give some insight on this HOPIUM addiction...
I am usually stay pretty rational until someone taps around to much. So being in my rational state now I can say that this addiction is a strong adverse reaction to
Bush's talking points and particular style of rhetoric. I am a realist and I understand that every politicians depends on psychology and rhetoric to thrive and prevail. But Bush Admin was exceptional...

Your possible partisanship might effectively blind you to what the receiving end of Roves wit feels/felt like. Anyhow I think Rove is a exceptional genius.... However the strategies he employee have been so, so, ,so angering that you would have to be on the receiving end to understand. He evokes a punch him in the nose upon sight type of anger... or even worse! If you think about it he helped breed that in both parties

that neither here nor there.

You don't have to agree with me but when the popular thing to do was to call anti IRAQ
war people unpatriotic terrorist lover,,, well,,, that was so divisive that I think many people have harbored extreme anger and hatred from such tactics. In my opinion the Obama craze is directly related to ROVE'S maneuvering which has been effectively transferred to Bush and the Republican party.

Like I said wrong or right is not my purpose with this...

Just know under that under the surface the hard core O supporter is BLOOD THIRSTY
STYLE ANGRY... OBAMAS rhetoric is almost the complete opposite of BUSH's
hence people love him on that alone...

I have had the opportunity to shake his hand and look him in the eyes and exchange a quick joke. You will be sad to hear that I saw a regular enthusiastic and seemingly humble man. I have know some very bad people in my life, a few killers, many con men and a few master sociopaths and he seems very contrary to these personalities... The only thing I can say with relative certainly is that Obama believes what he is saying. Now weather or not he is BSing himself???

Anyhow I KNOW I am not going to covert anyone... But as I said ROVE is the HOPIUM link hands down IMSO

new topics

top topics

join