It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Towards a Type 1 civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Our civilization is fast approaching a tipping point. Humans will need to make the transition from nonrenewable fossil fuels as the primary source of our energy to renewable energy sources that will allow us to flourish into the future. Failure to make that transformation will doom us to the endless political machinations and economic conflicts that have plagued civilization for the last half-millennium.

Source : www.latimes.com...

Type 1 civilization will mean end of poverty and ignorance, plenty of food and facilities for all and free and instant access to knowledge on a worldwide wireless network to all.
Besides that the kind of economy and political systems mentioned in that article shall mean no wars or crime.
Sounds like heaven ? We are slowly reaching there (now at 0.72 type). The progress is exponential. Good thing is that similar type-1 ETs may make contact as soon as we reach there.

I can't emphasize this enough, its too important to spread this idea to our generation (the new one that is), and that is the main purpose of this post.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here's a good video of Dr Michio Kaku discussing this:

The Future of Civilization

We should be at Type 1 by the end of the century by his reckoning, and I think that's a good estimate.

He also mentions how this will be the most important time in the history of civilization and I completely agree, it'll be a thin line between success and failure.

[edit on 31/7/2008 by GrooveCat]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
YEs it is fast approaching
Remember this

what do you think the privileged Elite at the top of the heap
will do to not allow this to happen ?

8/10
is that the answer

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i was reading about the kardacheve scale, or what ever it is, the other day, and thought that a much more pratical scale for the measurment of technological advancement of a civilisation would be scale the ability they have to adapt the enviroment to more favorable living conditions

example:
early humans could only use fire to light, and heat, their immediate surrondings, (not very advanced)

ex 2:
a highly advanced civilisation may find a way to alter the very fabric of the universe, stoping it from either collapsing of expanding, and keeping it at an ideal balance for their species to propagate through eternity. (hypothetical, im not claiming it is possible)

so where would humans be on this scale at the moment, considering that we are attempting to implement the diliberate modification of the entire eco system of the planet.( trying to reducce global warming)

i belive a measurement like this is much better to go by than mearly energy used or avalible to a civilisation, as a small number of people ma develop amazing technology, able traverde the universe in seconds, but may not have need for all the power contained in a star

ps: has any one ever considered it might be a good idea to make the reply confirm words, that u have to type in, legible, and prehaps it be safer not to use words associated with this sites subject matter?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
what do you think the privileged Elite at the top of the heap
will do to not allow this to happen ?

Yes, some of the bosses up there still want you to remain as their slaves. And they are trying actively (oil based economy is an example and so is weapon trades)

It will happen as soon as that old generation with old ideas dies off.
(Thats why I'm focusing this thread on new generation, young are more willing to change)

[edit on 31/7/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Something good world wide needs to happen thats for sure, i think the goal of most is towards short term gains, which leads to a lot of the troubles we see in the world due to this selfish attitude, it really takes large groups to make an effort towards long term gains, lets hope humanity can progress in a better way.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Ahh I love Michio Kaku. He is an intelligent man who sees the world for what it is. We are 100 years away from a permanent outpost on the moon. We are 100 years away from houses being built by robots and every dwelling coming wired with a built-in computer which serves all your needs (tv, computer, communications, organizer, coffee maker, etc) via voice recognition. We are 100 years away from seeing the beginning of the end of nation-states (we already see the beginnings in the formation of the EU).

top topics

join