It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain camp compares Obama to Spears, Hilton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

AURORA, Colo. - John McCain's presidential campaign on Wednesday released a withering television ad comparing Barack Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, suggesting the Democratic contender is little more than a vapid but widely recognized media concoction......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

McCain's ad, titled "Celeb" and set to air in 11 battleground states, intercuts images of Obama on his trip to Europe last week with video of twenty-something pop stars Spears and Hilton — both better known for their childish off-screen antics.

How absurd is it to compare a Harvard Law Graduate to a professional socialite; to anyone with half a brain, that should register that he's insinuating that the American public are idiots.

kmad

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 31-7-2008 by kmadison]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow I didnt see this coming..

Oh wait yes I did... sorry

I goto go back to watch whatever crap is on tv.. ta ta.

Oh wait you asked a question..

How absurd is it to compare a Harvard Law Graduate to a professional socialite; to anyone with half a brain, that would insinuate that the American public are idiots.

I dont know what your watching, but from my viewpoint.. that's all they are..

Nothing but a lip syncing idiot on the tv to let people hear what they wanna hear..

Kinda just like Britney Spears.. Ironic isnt it..

[edit on 7/31/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Think you're missing the point there K-madison.

It's all about hype, just like with most celebs who are talk with no substance. An empty suite if you will.

These celeb brats are put on a pedastal day and day out and for literally no reason other than people needing to have someone to worship.

Obama has been placed on a celeb-like Pedastal but literally accomplished nothing in much the same way.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmadison

McCain's ad, titled "Celeb" and set to air in 11 battleground states, intercuts images of Obama on his trip to Europe last week with video of twenty-something pop stars Spears and Hilton — both better known for their childish off-screen antics.

How absurd is it to compare a Harvard Law Graduate to a professional socialite; to anyone with half a brain, that should register that he's insinuating that the American public are idiots.

kmad

news.yahoo.com

HIg YAhhhh AHHHHHHAHHHHH...

I think Mccain is putting his pain in his own drain.....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I saw the drudge headline that McCain was going to have an ad featuring Spears and Paris... i was so sick, i couldnt even click on it...

I didnt know what to ecpect, i just figuered that the McCain Stooge Advisor decided to have Spears, and Paris support McCain, and he would have them as his spokespeople...

This is much better, making a comparasoin between diffent "flavors of the month' that the media stuffs down our throut...

I cant wait to see it now...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Something like this doesn't surprise me one bit...After all, politicians spend more time & effort on fund-raising for their next campaign (& the corporations that "donate" the most money) than they put forth on the job in Office!

So what has Obama actually done for his current job as Senator anyway? Or McCain for his job?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
this is terrible Mcain telling the people that Obama is exactly who they want and lust for as their new mesiah!

They certainly do not want an honorable statesman like Ron Paul

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmadison

news.yahoo.com

AURORA, Colo. - John McCain's presidential campaign on Wednesday released a withering television ad comparing Barack Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, suggesting the Democratic contender is little more than a vapid but widely recognized media concoction......

If thats the case , heres a question:
How many people actually like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton?
my answer probably quite a lot.
besides who would you rather have?
a bubble head or a gun totting maniac?
oh im sorry you have that already
So comparing someone to a 'likeable' person I'd take as a compliment

[edit on 31/7/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Man the McCain camp is just making one mistake after the other.

More than discrediting Obama they are coming off as less credible by making such stupid silly adds that insinuate that Americans considering Obama are idiots.

So, instead in insulting Obama he's insulting the American people. That will get him more votes for sure.

top topics

join