It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Skippers new find (another skull on Mars)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am sure all of you know or have heard about Mr Skipper and his work. I always check his work and updates. The latest find is intriguing (as most of of them). Here is the direct link to his work.
Here is the source file and the cropped sample by me below.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
cool pic and cool website.
but if you will read further, here's another shot that shows a lot of similar "eye sockets" in that general area. i think in a another angle, those sockets will look like skull's eyes too. sorry, but this is one of those opportunistic photo that looks like something else, but is not.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The image is very interesting, thank you for sharing it with us!

The "skull" looks metallic and shiny to me, certainly different from the other rocks in the image. I also found another of these apparantly shiny "things" above and a little to the left of the one you posted. I am not terribly good with images, but I hope you can see it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh yeah. Another "can you see scooby doo in the clouds" thread. Allow me to temper my excitement a little while I watch the collective IQ of this forum slip farther and farther down.

Buy hey, us folks interested in Ufology have a reputation and a stereotype to perpetuate among the general public, so by all means, please do continue with this ignorant, utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sockets in rocks = holes in rocks. That's it.
Those same type of rocks can be found on Earth too. I believe they are called something like "erosion holes".

Do a Google image search, im sure you will find many Earthly rocks like this.

Examples:

www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

[edit on 7/29/2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 7/29/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The collective IQ of this forum cannot feasibly get any lower unless mentally retarded civilians started posting.

Also, stereotype are generally true for the majority of the stereotyped groups.

Lastly, your opinion on what is trivial and ignorant is just that. Opinion. Stating it as fact makes you appear to be the ignorant one. You cannot run a scientific research project without covering ALL variables. Including the trivial ones.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrlind

Skippers work can generally be dismissed as worthless. The man thinks NASA has a computer program that "knows" when artifacts are present and removes them from images.

Automatically.

But he says it makes mistakes.

So listen to what this guy is saying. He thinks NASA cares enough to design the most intelligent image recognition algorithm ever produced but they don't care enough to double check the work the "software" does.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. What costs more, designing a software program that doesn't exist and we don't have the technology to create, or hiring a person to look at pictures and airbrush them?

For example, directly from his site.

"However, I am suspicious that this is an inky dark image tampering application hiding something there and the dark applications just happen to create the animal look."

[edit on 29-7-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
seriously...

do you guys seriously just sit on the computer all day looking at dull, landscaped pictures of a terrain?! lol go outside for a bit.

and like many of you already said before, you can find faces in anything. I was looking around while on the toilet and BEHOLD!!! a face in the tile! was there an alien watching me while I drop a D?!

top topics

join