It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they shutting down the road at night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I live in Albuquerque, NM. There is a street called Central, it is one of the main roads in the city and I use it alot because I go to UNM which is on Central.

Well this street goes directly across the city and right downtown. Turns out the cops like to close the street down for about three miles as soon as it's dark. They shut it down downtown. Which is where I have to drive through to get to the Unsiversity, and I take night classes.

They say they do this to stop "cruising". I guess lots of people like to drive their nice cars downtown and show them off alot. What's wrong with that?

So I have to drive through all the back streets to get where i'm going. But then they are always pulling me over because "it looks like i'm trying to avoid the cops, so their just checking on me".

Well duh I have to avoid them because they close the whole frickin street down.

Do any of you know if they can legally do this? They just close the whole street down from around 10pm to early morning. Just to stop "cruisers". My taxes pay for that street that I need to drive on to get where i'm going.

They keep pulling me over for going around their road block using other streets. It's getting really old. I'm just trying to go to school, not get hassled by the piggies.

They take money out of my paycheck to make the roads, and yet I can't use them!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
maybe they are doing road repairs or if anything the mothership crashed and they are trying to salvage it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is a similar thing here in Salt Lake, they don't shut down State Street (the one that leads to the capitol building), but they do keep track of how often you are seen passing specific points on the road. Years ago people would just cruise up and down the street and it'd be hard for anyone to get anywhere.

But if you pass by the same point for the third time you get pulled over and fined for cruising state. I think it's also a way to keep tabs on street racing on that road too.

This idea would probably be better for your street there because how they have it now inconveniences all drivers and not just the ones who cruise up and down showing off.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yea that would be a better idea, but it was never even that packed downtown before they did this.

I think their preparing our minds to where we won't mind if we can't go where we want when we want.

It's easier to keep track of people if you know that people aren't using certain streets and what not.

Once theres a police state they will have this knid of thing all over. But the populace won't care because their allready being conditioned for it, slowly but surely.

top topics

join