It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain meets Dalai Lama; but zero coverage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I had to scrounge around for coverage of this (and I first read it on a Russian news site!):

www.cbsnews.com...

www.reuters.com...

And naturally, Xinhua news is unhappy with it all:

news.xinhuanet.com...

Of course, many people meet the Dalai Lama, but I gathered that this may at least rate a glancing mention.

My question is, and I don't particularly like McCain, but why has this slipped by the likes of CNN. I thought something like this would at least get a mention, because McCain is obviously trying to score some brownie points by meeting the Dalai Lama - even just to get into the daily news cycle in a positive way.

Instead, most coverage is centered on Obama. Even here on ATS, there's threads running rampant about Obama being a communist, the antiChrist, God, and whatever else people think - but that's the thing, people seem to be talking about Obama, negative or positive, much more than McCain.

So my question is, is this a case of any publicity is good publicity, or is the media just ignoring McCain?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I saw it several times. Could have been on cnn or MSNBC or both, but I saw it covered.

It was kind if like Genghis Khan meeting Mother Teresa. A study in contrasts. The warmonger meets the embodiment of peace and compassion...

But yeah, it was covered.

join