It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infomericals, Scams or Products of our Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have seen many different infomericals and what they have to offer, I'm sure that you guys have too. I've wanted to order or try out many of the products that are out there but have always been skeptical that they don't work and all that they are trying to do is to take our money. I haven't ordered anything from the infomericals on TV but I have tried oxy clean to take the pen marks off of the tile in my kitchen that my son made, and it doesn't work. So what I wanna know is are there any prodcuts that you guys have ordered and tried that does and does not work. I will make a post within this to whoever responds to what the product is and if it does or doesn't work so people know what works and doesnt.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The ab lounge is pretty nice.

The only problem is that so many people buy it, but never use it.

they need to include that "Some exercise required"

I swear, if you want to get fit, USE the damn thing!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I never seen Oxy Clean claim it cleans other than clothes!

I would have to say that most infomercials are not scams, but just over hyping the product. The Real Estate Mogul ones have been proven to be scams and I don't think they are on television any more. I always did think that if the guy has a system that makes so much money, why is he wasting his time on t.v. selling a product.

On the other hand some products have had so much money in Research and Development that they want to charge a high price for it and figure that infomercials are the be marketing avenue for this.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiigurl

I did order a product from TV and I noticed they always want you to buy something that goes with the product. They also offer a quicker shipping option. By the time you get done, you are spending twice than what you intended too.
I would stay away from the real estate videos. I love the testimonials of the people who made it rich, but the majority lose money on the deals.

In a nutshell, be careful of ordering items over TV. Do not use a debit card, use a regular credit card instead as some may add charges you did not want. A debit card they have your money and a credit card you don't have to pay for a service you did not want.

new topics

top topics

join