It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

effective ads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
hi there

i run a little business in graphic and media design, and unfortunately it is not very successful.
since i feel a bit paralized and could rather advice other people than helping myself, i would like get your advice,
do you have any ideas of good and effective advertising.

a friend recommended to walk from publishing company to publishing company to do so called cold selling. but i am not the kind of cold selling. would rather cut my legs of

and i think in the age of broadband internet i shouldn't only work for companies in my hometown.

hopefully it doesn.t sound to confused
it is far to hot to think

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
has really nobody an idea or is everybody as cluesless as i am.
it really scares me!
or maybe i am the only one in such a situation

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
IMO... aggressive sales advertising is a scourge of society. I do have this idea though. Let the product sell itself. Keep it simple, almost generic even.

Intrusive symbolism, and attention grabbing gimmicks are insulting first and foremost, and they are also really annoying to a lot of people.

Sometimes it gets overwhelming in highly advertised areas, almost to the point where I get anctious. I know I am not the only one either.

I can't speak for everyone on this, but i know what I want and that is what i get. I don't need commercials/ads attacking my ego to try to get me to buy something. I do just the opposite.

I figure, if the company needs to use chicanery to get people to buy, their product must be harmful, or just plain crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I would look into gorilla marketing or a good viral campaign. I believe these marketing trends will become more prevalent in the future.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

thanks

guess simplicity will seperate me from the others!
i can offer a good product which will be advertised by word-to-mouth if enough people have got their designs by my company

i want to be honest to my customers, i don.t have to cheat them

reply to post by Kellter

what is gorilla marketing or a viral campaign?
i am able to do graphics and make up books and papers, but - otherwise i wouldn.t ask - not very familiar with advertising trends!

has anybody got experiences in google ads?

but thanks a bunch for your input!

[edit on 4-8-2008 by orange-light]

top topics

join