It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transmution Recipes For Making Gold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Alchemy doesnt work. I bet you would make something dangerous if you mixed that stuff together.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
even though i doubt it would work it would be fun to try out for grins. i might just do it later this year when it gets nice out so if it explodes it will be outside

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Take last nights dinner for substance, some bilirubin for color, and knock a few beers back for easy delivery...
Do you know what that makes....

sorry

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am not interested in transmutation into gold, although cold fusion approaches might make it possible.

Recently I read about nuggets, how do they get there?

Apparently from the article a certain kind of bacteria extracts gold into concentrated batches. Supposedly it takes hundreds, thousand or even millions of years, but how about accelerating the process? Gold nuggets from the natural process that creates them looks like a better idea than transmutation.

www.abc.net.au...

www.alaska-freegold.com...

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I read somewhere that sea water contains minute traces of gold. If you could somehow electro-plate the entire ocean, you'd have tons of gold. Theoretically, of course.

Gold, gold everywhere, but not a drop to bling.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I read somewhere that sea water contains minute traces of gold. If you could somehow electro-plate the entire ocean, you'd have tons of gold. Theoretically, of course.

the sea has more of any element than anywhere else on earth. the process would be horribly expensive and wouldn't be able to be profitable with today's society, assuming it could be done.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I read in your post that making too much gold makes the gold radioactive which does not sounds good How do you know that making too much gold makes it radioactive? or is it just a metaphor Do you or anyone else knows what makes this gold radioactive when it is make into large amounts? and if you actually did this work yourself well i hope you at least got a radioactive suit or something like that because radioactivity is not too good some posts are Just so crazy that they must be true bye now and i hope more posts like this show up more often here bye now and good luck and just out of curioustiy Are you an alchemist or not? also You edited your post Why?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Trees and other plants 'create' metals and minerals that aren't found in their native soils. I'll see if I can find the link again, but it is a fairly recent discovery and they found gold and a variety of other elemnts and compunds which weren't found in the trees or absorbed atmosphereicly either. It is some kind of poorly understood natural process similar to transmutation, but its fascinating.
And Alchemy was more than just some kooks looking for a recipe for gold, that is complete disinformation from the same folks who want you to think the Spice trades of the 1500's-1600's were actually about spices.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I prefer to buy gold ready-made.

I LOVE gold. Especially 18K.

Way better than any other metal IMO.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You can't change atomic properties thru chemistry. The original procedure is a chemical reaction. Also, in higher proportions it makes radioactive gold? What kind of junk is that supposed to be? Radioactive Gold? Whats the half life, a portion of a microsecond?

As others have noted, if it makes anything, its makes yellow stained silver.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

THat my friend is a common misconception. Chances are you'll get a crapload of magnesium or aluminum. Gold isnt the only ion in ocean water

its a small percentage of it, so small you'd have a better chance of panning for gold in a river.

Alchemy doesnt work. Period. No mere chemical reaction can create new elements, only Nuclear Chemistry can do that.
If you've ever taken a high school chem class, you'd know that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I thought gold required the capture of 5 live Smurfs...???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join