It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast offense move over...their is a new offense in town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ATTENTION GREEN BAY PACKERS!!! Why get rid of Bret or Aaron when you can have them both playing at the same time

In all seriousness this new type of offense could get traction specially in this day an age were QB'S have become more versatile and can run, pass and catch.

When quarterback Jeremy George entered the Piedmont (Calif.) High School football coaches' office to talk to Kurt Bryan, he noticed an unusual formation on the dry-erase board.
At first, George thought the formation was meant for the punt team.

No, Bryan said, that's our new offense.

George looked back to the board and was a little confused.

"Initially, the first thought I had was, 'I'm pretty sure that's illegal,' " George said. "I've got to admit I thought it was a little crazy. I think most of the players thought it was crazy. A lot of people were a little skeptical."

And for good reason.

Bryan, Piedmont's coach, and Steve Humphries, the director of football operations, had developed an offense in which all 11 players on the field potentially are eligible to catch the ball. Though they weren't certain it was legal when they first concocted the idea, they were willing to implement it for the 2007 season.

After compiling a 7-4 record and a first-round playoff appearance, Bryan and Humphries now call their innovation a success.

A-11 Could be the offense of the future WITH VIDEO

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yeah i saw this and it was really cool. they actually got a lot of chunky yardage. but i consider this trick gadget plays. steelers did this (direct snap to randle el), and chargers too, with LT passing for TD's. i'm not sure this will be accepted by old school NFL coaches. but it should be fun.

join