It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News:The Vision Of Gabriel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A foot-wide stone tablet know as the Vision of Gabriel is said to bear Jewish messianic messages from the first century B.C.

www.bible-news.com...

Scriptural scholars are abuzz over a stone tablet that is said to bear previously unknown prophecies about a Jewish messiah who would rise from the dead in three days.

Believers might say the "Vision of Gabriel" is yet another scriptural foreshadowing of Jesus' actual death and resurrection - while skeptics might say the text provides more evidence that the gospels fit into a tradition of untrue messianic tales.

If such a messianic description really is there, it will contribute to a developing re-evaluation of both popular and scholarly views of Jesus, since it suggests that the story of his death and resurrection was not unique but part of a recognized Jewish tradition at the time.

He deduced that the phrase was addressed by Gabriel to a "prince of princes" who was slain by an evil king.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Strange I theorized something quite simular when I first heard of the discovery. I guess it doesn't really matter as far as proof. People these days tend to spin anything any way it pleases them to.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its a new discovery to me so i thought i would share it.

I firmly believe that there is more texts and scriptures out there just waiting to be discovered.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

There are texts already discovered and not yet translated. There are one's translated that say shocking things but not released because they assume they might be wrong in the translation. There's alot of info, but it is all less then 10% the true age of the story. Over tens of thousands of years the stories were passed along and writen and rewritten to perserve the stories. Many have thought in translation they knew better or thought they'd spin the story more into their people's favor.

The Best "Truth" avilable to you at this time is "The Urantia Papers".

top topics

join