It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC Commissioners Set To Approve XM-Sirius Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

FCC Commissioners Set To Approve XM-Sirius Deal

online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON - A majority of commissioners at the Federal Communications Commission have reached a deal to approve Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.'s long-pending purchase of XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.

The final hold-out, Republican commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate, agreed to vote to approve the deal after winning several concessions from the companies involving enforcement issues.

"I think it's fair to say an agreement in principle has been reached," FCC Chairman Kevin Martin said in an interview Thursday morning. "We're still trying to work out the language."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's about time, this ridiculous delay caused by lobbyists of terrestrial radio was done for one reason only in my opinion, to try an bankrupt the two satellite radio providers, to try and label XM/Sirius as a monopoly and approve mergers of major telecom companies, oil companies, airlines etc with little to no scrutiny, it was blatantly obvious that the folks in DC are bought and paid for.

A small victory for the two companies, let's see the stipulations that these weasels will place on the merger, I certainly hope that both companies can weather this misuse of government oversight.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join