It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien 'flubduction'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I call my experience a 'flubduction' because I believe I was able to prevent it from happening. I have read similar stories, but this is my firsthand experience. I use initials for the names of my now ex-husband (P) and son (G).
--------------------
In the spring of 1981, I'm married to P, and our infant son, G is about 6 months old. We live in a 2nd floor, 2-bedroom apartment in a suburb of Chicago. We'd recently transferred G to his own bedroom and crib from a cradle in our bedroom. That night, P was asleep beside me.

I awoke in the 'middle of the night', aware that I was being levitated above my bed. I stopped about 2 feet above the bed. I KNEW some things or some entities had raised my body towards the ceiling.

I sensed and thought I saw several (3-4) small (~ 3 feet tall), gray 'beings' with large dark eyes next to my side of the bed (on my left). I got the impression they were male. I 'felt' their hands had raised me above the bed without actually touching me.

There was a very, very bright light shining through my bedroom window. I knew there was a lamp post in the parking lot below, so I thought at first I'd neglected to pull down the shade and close the bedroom curtains.

I was quite awake now and realized my predicament - I was floating above my bed but I could not move the majority of my body, as if I were paralyzed. I could turn my head and look around and clearly make out details of my bedroom, and hear P snoring gently.

I started to panic and tried to alert P, to wake him. I couldn't make a sound, my throat didn't 'work'. I was immediately concerned for G's safety, but I could see there was no 'activity' in his room, and assumed he was safe and asleep.

I saw the red LED numbers on the alarm clock, but couldn't read the time (I was not wearing my glasses). However, I could clearly see the texture of the paint on the wall, and the texture of the closet doors, because I'm nearsighted. That was an 'anchor' in reality for me.

I began to get the 'message' that I was to be moved toward the bright light, which was getting even brighter. I mentally refused to go there, shook my head violently in refusal. I feared that if I were dreaming, I didn't want to 'accidentally' go through the window and end up dead in the parking lot below.

The 'thought' that I must go toward the light and window insisted again. I refused again. I repeatedly thought, "I am NOT going there!". I tried to wiggle out of my 'bondage', as I felt my body being tilted (like Frankenstein's monster on his gurney) at a 45 degree angle facing the window.

After a few minutes struggle like this, I got the 'feeling' that I had won the 'argument'. I don't recall going into that light. I remember waking up 'moments' later, on the bed. I got up and went to the window. The shade and curtain were closed. The street light was on in the parking lot, but not nearly as bright as the light I'd seen. My son and husband were soundly asleep.

Of course I'd heard of alien abductions then, and wondered what had happened to me. It was a very 'real' experience, especially my awareness of the physical surroundings of my room. I had been AWAKE. My husband, of course, never sensed anything was going on at that time.

I don't have any bad memories of actually being abducted, and I don't want to dredge any up, either. I'm not sure why I had to be coaxed to go towards the light, why I thought I had the right to refuse. If they had me under control, they could have simply done what they wanted with me. I am comfortable with the idea that I was 'almost' abducted, and willing to leave it at that. Nothing like that had happened before, or since, to me.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by wankette]

[edit on 24-7-2008 by wankette]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wankette

First let me start off by saying welcome to ATS. Being a skeptic and a believer myself, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that your story is true........for now.

I do have some questions reguarding your "experience" though.

In the spring of 1981

How many times have you told this story, or have you since this happened? Do you have any links to any other forums or sites you might have posted this information on as to compare "fresh" memories with the ones you are providing now?

I awoke in the 'middle of the night', aware that I was being levitated above my bed. I stopped about 2 feet above the bed. I KNEW some things or some entities had raised my body towards the ceiling.

You awoke "aware" that you were floating? And this didn't immediately scare the crap out of you?

I sensed and thought I saw several (3-4) small (~ 3 feet tall), gray 'beings' with large dark eyes next to my side of the bed (on my left). I got the impression they were male. I 'felt' their hands had raised me above the bed without actually touching me.

There was a very, very bright light shining through my bedroom window. I knew there was a lamp post in the parking lot below, so I thought at first I'd neglected to pull down the shade and close the bedroom curtains.

My first thought to this would be you see strange creatures in your room and your floating, yet you have the sense to wonder if you closed the shade?

I saw the red LED numbers on the alarm clock, but couldn't read the time (I was not wearing my glasses). However, I could clearly see the texture of the paint on the wall, and the texture of the closet doors, because I'm nearsighted. That was an 'anchor' in reality for me.

I would think that being near sighted and making out texture on the wall, which if you were being shined upon with bright light and nearsighted at night puts the wall out of focus, and since most clocks of any type are closer to the bed edge than the wall, wouldn't you be able to make out the numbers for the time?

I began to get the 'message' that I was to be moved toward the bright light, which was getting even brighter. I mentally refused to go there, shook my head violently in refusal. I feared that if I were dreaming, I didn't want to 'accidentally' go through the window and end up dead in the parking lot below.

The 'thought' that I must go toward the light and window insisted again. I refused again. I repeatedly thought, "I am NOT going there!". I tried to wiggle out of my 'bondage', as I felt my body being tilted (like Frankenstein's monster on his gurney) at a 45 degree angle facing the window.

After a few minutes struggle like this, I got the 'feeling' that I had won the 'argument'. I don't recall going into that light. I remember waking up 'moments' later, on the bed. I got up and went to the window. The shade and curtain were closed. The street light was on in the parking lot, but not nearly as bright as the light I'd seen. My son and husband were soundly asleep

This to me sounds less like an abduction and more like a dream. Some dreams can be lucid enough to make you think they are real in every sense.

I don't have any bad memories of actually being abducted

Again I think this is more dream related than abduction related. These are just my opinions and thoughts, but I would love to hear what you think.

King

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
King:

"How many times have you told this story, or have you since this happened? Do you have any links to any other forums or sites you might have posted this information on as to compare "fresh" memories with the ones you are providing now? "

I wrote it on October 1, 2007, to post in a private blog that 3 friends and I have shared for the last 10 years. This morning for ATS, I cut and pasted it from its original text doc, with a couple of minor grammatical adjustments.

"You awoke "aware" that you were floating? And this didn't immediately scare the crap out of you? "

Yep, it sure did scare me. I suppose being 'paralyzed' prevented any mishaps of the scatological kind.

"My first thought to this would be you see strange creatures in your room and your floating, yet you have the sense to wonder if you closed the shade?"

Perhaps I didn't express it well, but the blindingly bright light made it hard to see the creatures. In my attempt to focus on them, I had to squint from the light, and THAT made me wonder if I'd closed the shade and curtain.

"I would think that being near sighted and making out texture on the wall, which if you were being shined upon with bright light and nearsighted at night puts the wall out of focus, and since most clocks of any type are closer to the bed edge than the wall, wouldn't you be able to make out the numbers for the time? "

The texture of the paint on the wall was not out of focus, i could see it very well. I have always had excellent up-close vision. The clock was on the opposite side of the bedroom from where I slept. I was a stay-at-home mother at the time, my baby being my natural alarm clock. The alarm was my husband's concern, it was on his side of the room, on top of a tall dresser.

"This to me sounds less like an abduction and more like a dream. Some dreams can be lucid enough to make you think they are real in every sense. "

I wish it were a dream, I was very much awake and alert and in the moment as it was happening. I've since tried to have lucid experiences in my dreams, without success.

-W

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Very interesting experience either way. The only conflict that I see is that you blinding light in your face, yet you can make out details several feet away just after waking up.

I know my eyes don't focus that fast, and I have 20/20.

Have yout tried any alternative ideas such as regression? If so I recommend you bring a sharp witted friend so as to pay attention to the hypnotist and not let them put ideas in your head, and get a recording. This might shed some more light on your situation.

This is of course if you want to explore this idea in more depth, which on one hand you posted here, so that will probably happen.

There is a great video on youtube that helps with Lucid Dreaming. I would however recommend you try this in the middle of the day first as it can scare the crap out of you if you try it for the first time at night. It is very very cool.

I haven't been able to pull off a lucid dream yet, but I have felt myself very close with this vid. Practice makes perfect.

King

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
King: Thanks for your comments and recommendation, and the lucid dreaming video. As I said in my first post, I'm not anxious to explore my experience in-depth, I'm just going to leave 'as is'. Gone to check that vid.

-W

new topics

top topics

join