It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Stated Debt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone, i was looing on google and was unable to find a estimate for the debt the united states holds. I was able to find a site that says 9.5 trillion, another says 53 trillion, none of them say the same thing. Does anyone know where i can find the actual number for the debt of the united states?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Great page to read if you are really interested.

www.babylontoday.com...

I doubt it is accurate to the cent.. but a good representation.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Or try the US Treasury's site.

They have it at about 9.5 Trillion. But in my estimation it is much worse.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
the difference in estimates as wide as they are (9.5 trillion or 50 trillion) is due to account for gov't entitlement programs i.e social security

debt is a joke , but not necessarily a funny one.

uncle sam has a credit card that has a limit. a self imposed limit. Uncle sam also has a gun. So unclem sam raises the limit on national debt as much as they like, while speaking in responsible terms so other country's continue to purchase our debt in the form of bonds. other country's by our debt with their profits from oil sale's. (OPEC). Opec trys to get a way from pricing oil in dollar's , Uncle sam pulls out his gun. All though uncle sam's media would make you think it was the other guy who made him. Reality is americans are sort of like the innocent naive kids of a Bully (uncle sam) who they sort of think they have to love, and are willing to believe (even when they know they shouldn't) because he protects them. Besides most don't have another choice. So they are left to defend him and be happy or try to prove to all his other kids who he really is and they don't like that. But what they themselves may not know is that uncle sam is just like all the other "uncle's" nations. He is just the bigges baddest bloated mutha because he is host to a parasite known as the global elite/financial interests.

federal reserve notes are dollar's. Federal reserve notes are backed by nothing (tangible) really, just perhaps the collateral used by the fed i.e mortgage backed subprime loans, and uncle sam's gun....err ability to keep the demand for dollars high thru a combination of economic strength (demand for u.s assets/investment), making sure opec only accpets dollars (so country's bank's hold more dollars every time their energy bill needs to be paid for), and seemingly to me by jacking up the price of oil ( so long as higer oil prices outweight any changes in demand (when/or if there is every a time when total oil use (demand) by the world goes down).

right now we appear to have option. 2 (guns keeping opec in line and accepting $) as well as handsome profits and 3. jacking up oil prices work well for dollar demand because #1 does not work well when your economic outlook stinks and dollar drops, however should the euro take a crap # 1 would probably go back up (maybe), though not enough to make up for any drastic changes downward in #3. But this is speculation yet logical.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It is about 9.5 gov and 14 private - there is about 53 trillion in unsecured liabilities - however the recent bail out of fannie and freddi (and more to come) will be a huge whack - add to this the free fall in the dollar and you can increase all of these -

The Iraq war is estimated at THE MOST conservative at 3 trillion.

Any divestment of treasury bills held by foreign sovereign funds will push the dollar even lower - a move to the Euro, Yen, Yuan as medium of exchange on OIL will drop the dollar off teh register and this debt will be completely un - repayable.

The most powerful weapon in Iran / Chinas arsenal is this last point.....remember all (lots of) the oil comes from the third world -

What do these figures mean - the combined value of the worlds major stock exchanges is about 60 trillion - America owes more than what the world is worth....!!!

Well done.

top topics

join