It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Asks Supreme Court to Reopen Child Rape Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

I disagree. It eliminates the problem, and eliminates expenses. And makes the victim feel better. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I don't think that it eliminates the problem overall. If you want to do that, you have to remove the cause. Doesn't make much sense to diffuse a bomb after its gone off.

And as far as expense goes, executing someone is usually more expensive under the current system, than letting them rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is a simple solution to this for Louisiana if they get snubbed by the SCOTUS. You simply start throwing the convicted pedophiles in with the general population, loudly declaring "Child rapist coming through!" as you toss them in. If you want to speed things along, then you hang a noose in each and every cell. I'm guessing by the end of their first week in incarceration the vast majority of child rapists would hang themselves rather than stare down the barrel of several decades of nightly beatdowns, prison rape, and God only knows what else. Problem solved, state technically not guilty of violating any law or wish of the courts as they're not the ones doing the killing of these bastards.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by Lethil

I disagree. It eliminates the problem, and eliminates expenses. And makes the victim feel better. Trust me.

The problem still exists,expenses can be paid for through other means of prison time,and the victim is still a victim...no problem solved...just a brutal,barbaric show of *justice*

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I reiterate to all of you...

I think nothing wrong of your reaction, However I do think that you should "walk a mile" as they say, in the victims shoes. There is a man I know of who lost his lease on life, but gets to keep it because of the fact that most cannot comprehend the pain this type of action causes...

Death is cheaper if we stopped the way we coddle our prisoners.

And GP should only be for Murderers and rapists, duh.

The rest should be working somewhere...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Human's obsession with vengeance and redemption is the cause of many of our problems.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don’t believe in the death penalty because we as people are imperfect. There will always be a margin of error is our justice system, this error allows innocent people to be charged with crimes, people who may be prosecuted and sentenced to the death penalty. I can hardly live with the knowledge that several people have had cases over turned in which they were sentenced to life in prison; just the thought of people sitting on death row who are innocent is more than I can stand. What makes me confident in our just system and allows me to sleep at night? Taking a strong stance against the death penalty, it may never go away completely but the next time an innocent man or women takes the place of someone who is still free after committing horrendous crimes and we were to discover their innocence I will not have to question or be sickened by my values.

This is just my opinion and beliefs on this issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Murders should not be put in the same category as rapist - except for serial murders. Out of all the offenders Murderers are the least likely to re-offend because they are usually not lifelong criminals - many murderers are guys that got in fights that went bad, or spur of the moment crimes of passion etc. Rapists are quite the opposite and have the highest recidivism rate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join