It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[07/21] ID4 And The U.S Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Since all this talk about disclosure in movies it got me in a mood to watch Independence Day earlier. I watched it with Director/Writers Commentary/Subs and found something really strange as to what the writers say, i will quote

Dean Devlin & Roland Emmerich @ 68m20s in the Air Force One scene.
The US Military was going support this film and supply us with a lot of costumes, airplanes and stuff, but their one demand was that we remove Area 51 from the film. We didn't want to do that so they withdrew their support.

What gets me, if the military have nothing to hide as they claim why put in such a demand if their terms are not met? It does not make any sense if there never was an incident at Roswell to Area 51 and to offer all their support if the writers dropped Area 51 from ID4 story.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here over the years and apologize if so. I did find this interesting as the writers would not give it up as Area 51 plays a big part in ID4. True that they could think people will take it serious and more will believe that they are hiding stuff of ET nature from us. I am sure there is a reason but nothing i can put my finger on as so many here will and can do.

I am NOT saying ID4 is another disclosure "movie" but that that director/writers statement was "weird".

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The fact they asked the filmmakers to remove it draws more attention to it. I think it's a smokescreen personally. All the good stuff has been moved years ago. Let's all watch a bit of desert.

Chaz.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thats true....the government didn't want them filming the part with a51 in it.Thats just goes to show you they don't want you to see how awful the base looks back then without thier base enlargement they have now.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaz

Chaz i agree no doubt, your point is solid
But they still ended up using Area 51 in the movie, and for those who have not watched ID4 with commentary would not know that the military demanded Area 51 not to be used. In the end the ID4 team had quite a few money issues in building simple sets as the writers state time and time again. I do take my hat off to them for not giving in and sticking to their guns.

Alienstar sounds like you knew this and maybe even more. This was just a demand not to use the name "Area 51" not shooting there, correct? They will never allow anyone in there no matter, better chance shooting a movie in the White House. What blows straight over my head is the US Military saying " We will supply you planes and loads of other stuff if you do not 'mention' Area 51" It could be that the Military does not want the average person to think that they are hiding or dealing with hostile aliens.

No matter, Area 51 was still used in the movie so what did the U.S Military profit from their demand to the film makers? Well maybe they knew this will be mentioned by the writers and nutters like myself will scratch my head

top topics

join