It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Elves real, and are they aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I believe Elves, Dwarves and other fantasy creatures exist. I'm not sure what they are, they could be another Homo species that evolved thousands or millions of years ago, and now have shifted for the most part out of our dimension?

Are they at all related to UFOlogy?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I agree. My sister told me that when she was 18 years
old and coming back from a party, she saw a small man
sitting on the grass verge. He wore garishly-colored
clothes and had a strange green-felt hat on his head.

As she neared, she saw that he had his head between his knees
and was mumbly to himself.
With a apprehensive look on her face, she asked "are you a
Goblin?"
The small man looked up and with a pained expression, he
said "no ma'am, I just gotta headache!"
I'm here all week.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If elves did exist at one point, I'm sure not all of them were homo species. Isn't that kind of a broad generalization of elves?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan

I agree. My sister told me that when she was 18 years
old and coming back from a party, she saw a small man
sitting on the grass verge. He wore garishly-colored
clothes and had a strange green-felt hat on his head.

As she neared, she saw that he had his head between his knees
and was mumbly to himself.
With a apprehensive look on her face, she asked "are you a
Goblin?"
The small man looked up and with a pained expression, he
said "no ma'am, I just gotta headache!"
I'm here all week.

Is this sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Come on Donnie, there have been the tales around
since man could stand upright. There's no evidence,
nothing... just stories and yarns about fairy-stealing
babies, misleading elves and tin-mining grotesque-
looking trolls.

I would love it, if there were such a species, an actual
different branch of human, but no... nothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I also belive that there are fairys, elves, gnomes, mermaids, etc.

Aliens I am sure that they exists.

But these mythical creatures cant not be seen in this diminsion but the other dimision called the fourth Otherwise known has astral.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan

Come on Donnie, there have been the tales around
since man could stand upright. There's no evidence,
nothing... just stories and yarns about fairy-stealing
babies, misleading elves and tin-mining grotesque-
looking trolls.

I would love it, if there were such a species, an actual
different branch of human, but no... nothing.

The stories had to come from somewhere though?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LilWillQ

I hear Santa Claus exists there too. And the easter bunny!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These could well have been used as a doorway to faeries and earth
spirits that may well reside in parallel dimension.

Saying that the Lord of the Rings version of Elves do
have a passing resemblance to stories of the Norse/Aryan
visitors like the Plaiedians,that have been reported by some
witnesses?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Donnie,

I have a theory on this, and I hope you won't mind if I share it with you. In order to understand my theory, you'll have to accept a couple of premises first (at least temporarily for the sake of understanding the theory).

1) There are other dimensions/universes which are not so much separated from ours by conventional physical space as they are by something else. Think for example of the light spectrum. The visible light you can see is only one part of the spectrum; IR and UV light also exist at the same place and time, but are not visible to you.

2) It is possible for doorways, portals, or 'rips' to occur which allow passage of beings (and possibly even other things like rocks or plants) from one dimension to another. These may sometimes occur naturally, accidentally, or they may be created.

On to elves and other mythical beings, I see two possiblities:

1) There used to be (or possibly still is) a stable doorway between our universe and theirs, and periodically they come through into our world for reasons unknown. Sometimes humans see them, and perhaps sometimes they interact with humans deliberately. As we acquire technology and become more advanced, they become more afraid of us and conceal themselves. Or, the doorway closed at some point and that's why we don't see them any more. Said doorway could be natural or they could have created it.

2) At some time in the past, a group of elves passed into our world accidentally. Not able to find a way back, they settled and were a large enough group to reproduce and survive, for a while, after which the increasing human population probably caused their extinction.

Note that this same theory works equally well for dragons, dwarves, unicorns, goblins, faerie, brownies, Bigfoot, some 'alien' encounters, ghosts, and UFOs, and may even (in my opinion) explain some Fortean phenomena such as rains of blood, mysterious disappearances of people, and alien animals (think black panthers in England or chupacabras).

I tend to think that most myths and legends have a bit of fact hidden in them somewhere, and this is the simplest, most logical (to me) explanation I could come up with for creatures which are mythological or legendary as well as some cryptids and other 'unexplainable' phenomena.

Alternatively, it could be just one - or a few - races of creature who can somehow change their appearance, and as we have advanced they have changed how they appear to us. Modern man is much more likely to 'accept' seeing a UFO, an alien, or even a Bigfoot than an elf, dwarf, or dragon. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Elves, along with most other modern variations of mythical creatures, have borrowed heavily from myth and fantasy of many old civilizations. Germanic, Norse, Icelandic, and others, orginally created many of these creatures in their stories and myths. And they are as varied as possible throughout those different cultures. Elves are tiny in some countries, and more "elfish" as we know it, in others. Tolkien's elves were primarily from Norse mythology. He used the sagas quite a bit in his research. Gandalf in fact, was the name of an elven king in one of the sagas he borrowed from.

So personally, I think elves and all the other modern variations of fantastic creatures have all hailed ultimately from myths and sagas. Many writers borrowed directly from Tolkien's variation, which was just his view on how they should look and act. They were quite different in other mythologies. They were female goddesses to one civilization.

As another "for example," take the minotaur. Some folks believed this creature might actually have existed. When they finally unearthed a decorated bull's head akin to the minotaurs in the labrynth like rooms of a palace in Crete, they realized this may have been where the story orginated. They deduced that people would wear that, and they'd have a ceremony of sorts, with dancing, and avoiding this guy wearing this head. The corridors are very much like the old stories of a maze where the minotaur would roam.

Imo, lazy writers are responsible for the glut of identical-like elves you see in fantasy writing today. Brooks borrowed not just the elves, but almost the entire story from Tolkien in his books. Bah.

So elves imo, do no exist, never existed, but have simply evolved over the centuries, borrowing heavily from sagas, i.e. the fantasy genre of the past.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But hobbits were real. A species of tiny humans, about 1 meter tall, that used tools and lived at a time when modern people also existed.

Man of Flores

And no, by this i'm not in any way stating that elves are real. I'm just saying there were human species that were very different from us, but nonetheless human, and that are now extinct. Who knows, maybe some of them had pointy ears

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes, and no. They coexist with us within this dimensional plane, but are not of the 3rd-4th dimension. After the shift you will see them.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Yes, and no. They coexist with us within this dimensional plane, but are not of the 3rd-4th dimension. After the shift you will see them.

Now, HOW can you say something like that and then just walk off (surf off?) like that was all you needed to say??!!

How do you know this? Which dimensional plane are they of and how many planes are there? What shift? I'm starving for information here. Share!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hold on now...for me to say that I believe in, or subscribe to the beliefs that elves, gnomes, etc. exist would be quite contradictory to my beliefs...

However that point having been made, there are more than a few references to like beings throughout history...by folks not in the fantastical, or literary trade.
The more prominent of them being the "little red man" as reported by, and even written about by Napoleon Bonapart. He not only saw this entity, but at certain times in his tenure actually saught council with it, and took direction from it. Only after not following a set of directives given by it, did he fall...or should I say his troops fell at Russia.

Washington, and Franklin both saw similar entities. There are of course the Ditch Witch stories, and others by which the crop circles were supposed to have been created by...hundreds of years ago that is. Almost a majority of percentage of the colonial states, including native accounts have elf like creatures in their stories...

Don't feel embarrassed, OP, for your question, embrace this as something else we(humanity) don't know about in its entirety as a whole...look around your own resources for the history of your town, and I bet you'll find some information that goes along with your question regarding elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc. Some of it can be chalked up to unintelligible superstition, but not all of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I agree, the tales have to come from somewhere, but
are we gonna include Dragons/Goats (that's another thread)
Cyclops and the Harpys?... Monday. Tuesday Harpey Days.

There are tales... including the one about a dog that could
look up, that folk told around the fire before TV was invented.
And remember... read a TV guide, yer don't need a TV.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey Donnie Darko

I like this thread, this is what I've been thinking a lot about. You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if they did exist. I believe they do. Even if all of the myths weren't exactly 100% true, doesn't mean there wasn't some truth in them.

When you say 'aliens' do you mean the greys? Because if you did, I guess some of the illustrations of pixies, faeries and elves you see do look a lot like them. But I'd tend to believe that they are a different species. They do look a lot like humans though, hmm so maybe they could somehow be related?

Heike, that's an interesting theory and it would seem to make a lot of sense if they are real.

Originally posted by Heike
Modern man is much more likely to 'accept' seeing a UFO, an alien, or even a Bigfoot than an elf, dwarf, or dragon. Just my opinion.

Lol, that makes sense too. I think it's because UFO and aliens seem more advanced and knowledgeable, not to mention more realistic. Whereas faeries and elves etc seem more primitive.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm reading "Edgar Cayce American Prophet" at the moment.

He states that as a young boy he used to see and communictate with
the "little people" in his back yard....and this went on for several years.
Now I belive some children do have the capability of certain senses at a young age and loose them with time as opposed to it being thier "imagination"....02c

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I swear when I was 9 I saw a Native American playing a flute.

The problem?

This was on my uncle's private land, and he never invited any Native American flute player.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The word elf derives from the old Mesopotamian Sumer El, which meant "Shining One."

El is the equivalent of the Angle-Saxon engel and the old French angele, which became angel

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join