It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU had this dream lately??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay, I have read some threads over the last week, detailing shared "feelings" and "changes", and agreed with them in principle, as I believe in the idea of a collective conscience.

I even went so far as to ask a couple of my coworkers their opinion of their own dream content recently. I was responded to by many with the same sentiments that others on this site had shared. That wasn't the weird part though.

This morning, I woke up when my girlfriend called me. We talked for a minute, and she got around to telling me that she had a really weird dream last night.

She said she was with her family, (they didn't have faces, but she knew it was them) and that they were on a hill, and that they were greeted by "people" , a group which immediately made my girlfriend uncomfortable. After a short time on this hill, Mal felt like she should leave, and told her family this. She said that no one believed that anything was wrong, and that she should just "relax and accept". When she left the hill on her own ,she then realized she was being followed...

Why is this dream important?

Two nights ago, I had a dream that was eerily similar... And I did not tell my girlfriend about that, or question her as I did my co-workers about this new phenomena. My reasoning? As long as I can remember, my dreams have been exceptionally vivid, but Mal can never remember hers. (since I've known her anyways...)

So my dream was at work, where I also knew that everyone was there, but no one had faces... Some people began to show up, (I work at a hotel) and I knew that something was "off" about these people. I tried to warn my co-workers, but they told me to "relax"!! The weird thing was, this guy I know at work, who actually reads ATS, and this other girl, both had discernible faces all of a sudden, and they agreed....

Well thats the point of the thread...

Have you had a dream like this in the last week or so?

What BLEW my mind was that both of our dreams ended the same. I want to know if anyone here had the same dream? I will come back in 24 ours, (I mean, I will give the ending, as I will still be here to answer questions) and I would love a u2u with the ending of your dream, if you will post the start here. Something tells me I might get some pings on this one.

The last thing, I saw Mal for lunch, and she didn't remember that she had told me about the dream, (just three hours previous!!) and thought I was being funny....

Anyway, I will post the ending if I get enough responses, otherwise, I will wait 24 hours, so I knoew this isn't a "Me Too!!" thread.... I just want to know what it might mean...

[edit on 19-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The thing that weirded me out the most with her dream, was that the people that she knew so well also had their faces blurred, and I only have had that happen in certain kinds of dreams.

Also, the fact that it was a shared phrase, the whole "relax" thing. That made my hair stand up when she told me...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm. Very interesting. I dont remember very many dreams, (maybe on the order of 1-3 a year) so I cant do much to contribute to the thread except to give it a bump now and again to keep it on the first recent posts page. I really want to see the responses.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Seriously, I u2u'd a mod to give the actual answer to the end, so no one thinks I made it up. I am really curious, being a man who has experienced WAY too much deja vu. The ending really was eerily coincidental, and kind of made me.... um, anxious?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Very nice touch giving the ending to a Mod for safekeeping. I am surprised that no dreamers have responded yet.

I am always a little jealous of those who have vivid dreams every night and remember them. I know I must dream nightly, most do, but I sleep like a rock and remember virtually nothing.

I am soooo looking forward to the ending. I love dream analysis.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I rarely have dreams. Sometimes I'll have weird dreams with no meaning whatsoever. But every personal dream I have comes true. And I'm being absolutely serious about that.

When I have a dream, I consciously remember it for only a few minutes after I wake up. After that, it slips my mind, until what was depicted in the dream actually comes true. Then its like a deja vu feeling before I remember having that dream.

I can't speak for when I was a kid, since my memories of that have faded. But from about 13 years old until now, 20 years old, I can honestly say with certainty that I have had four personal dreams.

Three of those dreams have come true.

The first of the four I had was one in late 2004. When I woke up, I thought it was a pretty strange dream, because I didn't know why exactly I had that dream. It was about my cat, and in the dream, she just suddenly disappeared. She didn't die, she was just gone. In May 2005, my cat ran away and I haven't found her since.

The second of the four I had was in early 2006. I had three fish at the time. I had another weird dream about all three of them just suddenly dying. A few months later, the first fish died. About a month after that, a second died. About three months after that, the third died. No health problems as far as I knew, no fish tank problems, and they weren't old. Just suddenly all died off.

The third of the four I had was shortly after the fish one, in late 2006. In the dream, I was in the car with my dad, and we got in an accident. There was a third person in the car with us in the dream, but I don't even remember figuring out who that was. All I know is there was a third person. But no one died or was hurt in the dream. A few months later (in 2007), I was in the car with my dad and sister (just the three of us), and we got in an accident. No one was hurt. And it should be noted that I hadn't ever been in a car accident up until that point, so it wasn't like something I was remembering in my dreams.

After the third dream, even though it had only been three dreams, I took notice. Yeah, its just three dreams, but 3 for 3 on them coming true, at least to me, is something to take note of.

The fourth dream was recent (about two months ago). It was a very brief dream, as far as I can tell. All that happened was I came down with some awful disease. I don't know what the disease was. There were no clues in the dream. There was no one else in the dream. It was just me with this disease, and then it ended.

Fortunately that one hasn't happened.

I probably sound like a nut, but I'm being completely honest about this. I can't explain it, I don't know why it happens, I don't know how they "come true". It just does.

My serious, coherent dreams are clearly focused primarily on family and pets. I have had only one other "serious" dream about something other than family and pets, and I posted it on BTS. It hasn't really come true yet.

I don't know if there's any condition or name for this. Most people probably blow off the idea of dreams being some sort of warning of something to come, so I doubt there's been any serious study done producing serious results and explanations.

I will keep this thread flagged and will come back if I do have this dream you are talking about. I'll avoid it until then, because I don't want any spoilers about the ending. I'll u2u you if it happens. Lets hope that doesn't happen though

EDIT: to add that I posted a dream of mine on BTS and clarify some confusing points.

[edit on 7/20/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, I doubt my exsperience has anything to do with this, but I`ll post it anyway since I wery rarely remember my dreams, but for about a week ago I had two dreams that really stuck with me.

The one I remember best (the details are beginning to fade) was the most bizarre, it happened something like this: I was in a big dark apartement. Wery creepy feeling of the place. All over it was people I know (and have known in different stages of my life), and some unknown, but I really couldn`t see them clearly, I just knew they were there..

In one of the rooms was a guy, whom I kinda could se the whole person, but the face was wiped out. This guy was apparently no good and would try to kill me, it was kinda caos, I could sense weapons and I felt unsafe, and haunted. It was dark. I could also sense something was going on outside, like there was a war going on, I could kinda see bombs and chaos even though I was inside..

Anyway.. suddenly me and my boyfriend jumped out the balcony of this apartment with parashutes (?) and run towards a car.....

But it was what happened in the end that really stood out to me. I`ll U2U it to the OP even thoug like I said, I can`t imagine this is the same thing.

Good thread anyways!

S***! I cant U2U..
And I just wrote the whole thing down...

Ok, I`ll wait a bit before I post it here, I`ll keep following this tread to see what comes out of it.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Anom3]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anom3

You need 20 posts to u2u.

This isn't a one liner.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think that was a one liner technically, but thanks for saying it, now my post isn't a one liner
I don't really dream, nothing goes bump in my night.

Fox

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In both of the dreams, as soon as we were out of range of the faceless familiars, the "others" seemed to be unable to even see us. As though we were only visible through the actions of our familiars. It was weird, and yet I feel like there was something there....

Anyway, I usually don't come to BTS, But wanted to add what I had promised! u2u me if you have had a similar dream, Thanks, Jason

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I think you are right that there is something to that ending. I got a feeling that sort of felt familiar when I read that part, like it resonated with something that I kinda sorta already know but not consciously. (if you know what I mean) I am going to have to let that concept stew a while and see what it brings up.

Thank you very much for sharing that dream.

new topics

top topics

join