It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Criminal Court in Texas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I jokingly said in a prior thread that the International Criminal Court was "coming soon to a neighborhood near you". I really did think it was, but was expecting it further down the road. But George Bush proved me wrong in that respect.

18- July 2008 Lexington Dispatch www.the-dispatch.com...

HOUSTON — Despite pleas from the White House and the State Department, as well as an international court order to review their cases, Texas will execute five Mexicans on death row, a spokeswoman for the governor said Thursday.

On Wednesday, the International Court of Justice at The Hague ordered a review of five of the Texas cases after Mexico complained that the convicts, all men, had not been allowed a chance to talk to a Mexican consul after their arrests, as required under the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

President Bush, who as Texas’ governor oversaw 152 executions, ordered his home state to comply with the international court. But Texas refused and fought Mr. Bush’s order in court. In March, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the president had overstepped his powers and that only Congress could require the state to change its judicial procedures to comply with the 1963 treaty.

For relatives of the murdered girls, questions about international relations seem irrelevant. “This has nothing to do with the World Court; it has nothing to do with the U.N.,” said Jennifer’s father, Randy Ertman. “This has everything to do with what Mexico wants, not what Texas wants. The people of Texas want the death penalty.”

It has everything to do with what the NWO wants.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Its actually about the state of Texas breaking International Law.

If you were convicted of an offence in another country, wouldnt you want some representation or someone to speak to from your consulate? Yeah, I thought you would.

nuff said.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I'd be willing to hear more about Texas breaking International Law. Can you prove this to me. And if this is true why did the Supreme Court rule G.B. "overstepped his powers and that only Congress could require the state to change its judicial procedures to comply with the 1963 treaty."

That's okay with you I guess. Glad your from the U.K. and not America. We have this stupid idea that that's called the Rule of Law and no man is above it.

And please don't assume to know what I would want in ANY given situation.
You don't know me. But I will make 2 about you, and though I don't know you, the nature of your posts prove them.

"None are as blind as those who refuse to see"

and:

"condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance"

If you show me the proof that Texas is breaking international law, (and it has to be stronger than a U.S. Supreme Court decision), I will humbly apologize for my misjudgements about you.

Best Regards

join