It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong Conservative Activist is Backing Barack Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're confused. Registering as a D or R is not the same as swearing allegiance, like Ohio's law requires.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm not confused. I'm from Ohio. It looks like it's only Ohio and Virginia. I thought it was more.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Neocons DO NOT support Obama, in their hearts.
Just with their misleading words.
They want a sure loser (D) to run against this November.
They repeatedly choose "anyone with an (R)" over anyone with a (D)
Neocons hate the party they left over various issues and love they party they've sucessfully remade into an analog of their old party.

~Neocons are known for saying one thing and doing another.~

eg: "Workplace Protection" that strips worker protection, allowing unpaid and forced overtime, loss of employee healthcare and retirement,
Only protection in the workplace by Neocons is to protect bosses from having to better pay and better treat Union workers.
Point made I hope.
Neocons lie and the media presents their lies as gospel truth.
eg: drumbeat of media support to invade Iraq.

----------->Here is my thesis:
Obama is supported by neocons because they want a Republican in the White House
I'll let Mitt Romney explain:

>"Mitt Romney: I go in their primary, just like a lot of other folks, and voted against the person who I thought was the strongest Democrat.

Now, that happens in America today, but let me tell you, in the general election, I don't recall ever once voting for anyone other than a Republican.
abcnews.go.com..."<

>Now, that happens in America today,< Mitt Romney
>January 5, 2008
"If they are Republicans and independents who are working with me, that makes us stronger."
Senator Obama<

Obama's media support; Unprecedented.
Washington Times endorsed Obama.
SunYungMoon's Washington Times is a rightwing outlet yet they endorsed Obama.
Why?
Strategic Voting
www.gov.harvard.edu...
>“raiders” may enter the opposing party’s primary to vote for a weaker candidate to face their preferred choice in the fall (Chen and Yang 2002, Cherry and Kroll 2003).
Strategic voting in this sense has two steps: the decision to vote in the primary of the party opposing their preferred general election candidate (here, crossover voting), and the decision to vote for the least electable candidate in this primary.<

Neocons have to battle Conservatives who resent that neocons remade the (R) party into everything Conservatives oppose, and Democrats.
What better way to do that than present a candidate worse in every respect than the unpopular John McCain.

<< 1   >>

join