It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosthunters! manchester uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was reading my local newspaper today and spotted this

IT�S official � top Manchester brewer J W Lees is the most haunted brewery in Britain after a television crew spent a night there to gather the evidence.

The ghostbusters from Living TV�s hit programme �Most Haunted� were invited to Greengate Brewery at Middleton Junction to investigate some of the strange occurrences recorded throughout the 175-year history of J W Lees. Members of staff who have witnessed paranormal activity were interviewed by the team of paranormal investigators in order to piece together the mysterious sightings.

The �Most Haunted� crew, including former �Blue Peter� presenter Yvette Fielding and celebrity psychic Derek Acorah, braved the dark and split up into teams to check out every inch of the spooky brewery.

Previous occurrences at the brewery have included a mysterious lady sitting in the boardroom, figures walking through walls and cabinets and a security guard who got slapped so hard in the face, his glasses flew off � he was the only person in the building at the time of the eerie incident.

To see what the �Most Haunted� team encountered at the brewery, digital TV viewers will have to watch the new fourth series on Living TV on March 23.

we have lots of places like this were i live ill have to find the book that there in

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I worked for a Midlands Brewery ten years ago and there were supposed to be ghosts there too. The offices were situated in a converted Victorian terrace and some of the office workers told me that if they were working late at night they would occasionally sense someone behind them. Of course when they turned, there was no one there. There were couple of cold spots in the corridor too.

Part of the terrace had been removed to build a car park. One early evening some workmen went there to finish something off and one of them saw an entity. He refused to go back to where he saw it and when his boss insisted, the worker quit on the spot. He refused to explain what he saw, out of embarassment, but probably had his beer bought for him on the strength of this story for quite a while afterwards.

I have to say that I have been to both places late at night and saw nothing. Then again I have lived in older houses and apart from one time, have never been bothered by ghosts.

I have heard of many breweries and pubs having ghostly apparitions. It must be the 'spirits'

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well if you live in the north west they have aparanormal night on the james stanich show sometimes which talks about that.

join