It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does jesus need a paintball park???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok so last week when I went home for colledge to visit my parents and some old friends for the week.
One of my friends invites me to go paintballing with him.

And me being a big fan of paintball and airsoft and other # like that, I told him I'd be glad to go along.

Then when we got to the park and the owner was giving us an introduction
he started explaining how it was a christian park and thats why he doesnt want any alchol, smoking, or swearing, and other stuff viewed as non christian.

When he was explaining this It was so extremly hard for me not to break out laughing at the irony.

Now I'm not a christian or a bible expert, so correct me if im wrong by saying that paintball would propably be viewed as nonchristian because of the stimulation of war and isnt war against the bible?

And arnt a lot of christians against violent video games so wouldnt it make sense that they would also be against stuff like paintball because arnt they both stimulating war and violence?

Now I dont have anything against christians and I try to respect everyones beleif system but this # is redicoulus.
Do you honestly have to put jesus in everything even if jesus propably wouldnt support it?

Any comments or answers to my questions from christians and anybody else is welcome.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LOL. My best guess would be that the owner happened to be a Christian and didn't want any of that stuff at this paintball place for whatever reason.

As far as stuff like violent video games goes, I don't view them as anti-Christian since playing them doesn't really go against anything in the Bible. Maybe if you play for the blood and gore and death it might, but I think most people play for the action. I'm a Christian and me and my Christian friends don't mind that kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Obviously Jesus doesn't need anything. This thread looks like yet another lame excuse to bash Christians. The owner of the business has a perfect right to enforce guidelines based on his personal morality. Do drinking and swearing really belong in park for children anyway?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
To be fair BW,is paintball really a park for children,them things hurty!!

(allthough saying that,last time we went paintballing,we were a few men short. So they gave us these 3 14 year olds,who were semi pro. They had machine guns and stuff. Ergo-we won!
)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There are christian clans for on-line video playing of games that involve shooting people.
You can have a christian anything except a bar or whorehouse.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
You can have a christian anything except a bar or whorehouse.

Actually, you can even have that. Let me see if I can dig up the article I read about the christian strippers. I seem to recall that their reasoning was something along the lines of "Whatever it takes to get them in and get them to listen. God will understand."

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Obviously Jesus doesn't need anything. This thread looks like yet another lame excuse to bash Christians.

I disagree, I think it perfectly illustrates the typical hypocritical/ignorant mentality of some self-proclaimed Christians.

For example, how many hardcore PETA members do you think play "pin the tail on the donkey?"

top topics

join