It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush claims privilege to withhold CIA leak records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It has been brought to my attention that there is already a thread on this topic.

Please contribute there until this on can be closed.

Thank you and sorry for the inconveinence.

Bush claims privilege to withhold CIA leak records

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush invoked executive privilege to keep Congress from seeing the FBI report of an interview with Vice President Dick Cheney and other records related to the administration's leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity in 2003.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous. Exactly How much power does this man have to abuse before something is done here? There is something bigger going on here if he is allowed to go through with this. Hopefully Congress will step up this time.

There is some ray of hope here.

The president's decision drew a sharp protest Wednesday from Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of House Oversight Committee, which had subpoenaed Attorney General Michael Mukasey to turn over the documents. "This unfounded assertion of executive privilege does not protect a principle; it protects a person," the California Democrat said. "If the vice president did nothing wrong, what is there to hide?"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What can you expect we have a dictator in the white house that answers to nobody, I wonder what has become of the role of congress in this nation since Bush has been president.

I am even amazed of what will be next with all this dictatorship powers that will be handle over to the next corporate puppet.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Something about Bush stinks of being a hypocrite. It's ok for him to spy on us, because if we didn't have anything to hide, we don't have to worry.

When people want to know about his administration crimes, it's top secret.

Give me a break. We're not idiots. Who does he think we are?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What HASN'T the Decider and Insaney claimed "executive privelege" on?

Pretty much every dirty, criminal activity they have been guilty of, they hide behind that nonsense.

Now that congress is being exposed for the co-complicitory spying, torturing war-criminals they are, the Bush empire doesn't even HAVE to hide anymore, because congress is too worried about being taken down with them for all of the aiding and abetting they've done and are doing.

The U.S. Mafia-Untouchable.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
it is indeed amazing, the greatest thief ever to walk around in the oval room can keep on going on with trashing rights and giving himself more.

it absolutely disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The AG could very well be facing contempt of Congress charges and it's clear beyond
a doubt that there are many people within the DOJ who will do all they can to stonewall
any meaningful investigations.

Rove is hiding where they have no extradition agreement, so this could get interesting.

Conyers wants Rove and then Cheney in the hot seat under oath, but most people think it will get
dragged out to the Supreme Court before anything happens and of course there the deck is stacked with Neo-con judges.

top topics

join