It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam Has Reported Bird Flu.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Vietnam have made a public announcement that they have found some dead chickens in the southern Long An province and that they all tested positive to H5N1.

Bird flu outbreaks in Vietnam, starting in December 2003, have killed and led to the forced culling of dozens of millions of fowls in the country.

Well looks like its back, and once again in a poor country that is ill equiped to even remotely deal with the threat.

Fox

LINK HERE.

[Edit - I changed the title From "Vietnam have reported Bird flu" , too "Vietnam has reported bird flu".]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I'm still thinking "avian flu" or "bird flu" or H5N1 is linked to bio-engineered and bio-weapons, and I'm going to enjoy kicking your butt in the debate on this topic.

Good post mate, keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well I'm looking forward to our debate, just encase people are lost; myself and my good friend SpartanKingLeodinas are going to be taken part in the member debate section here on abovetopsecret.com, i will be "H5N1 is 100% Natural", SparatnKingLeonidas will be "H5N1 is 100% Man-Made". Its going to be good so don't miss it.

I feel sorry for the Vietnamese people, they have no way of combating this, there only action in my eyes is for them to go round and slaughter birds, i predict that the Vietnam officials will get scared and confused and just cull a lot of birds as a PR stunt to make it look like they are effectively controlling the situation when really it could of passed onto any bird by now and flown anywhere. They have not struck fast enough and now there is a great potential for surrounding areas to be infected.

Fox

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

good find.

looks like im gonna have to beef up my Oregano intake. anyone who has enough in their diet dosent have to worry much about the avian flu..

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

The ideas that Oregano is effective against bird flu is not misunderstood. It is merely a misconception. It does prove an resistance against it, but to my knowledge all of the tests preformed where carried out in vitro*instead of vivo**. So Oregano is more of a starting point any not really a have enough and you'll be OK. As i said, its just too my knowledge that its all been Vitro. Below is a link to read, but if I'm wrong please post a reply and show me a link.

LINK HERE.

Fox

*Vitro - In a test tube.
*Vivo - On a living organism, e.g Human.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

DaleGribble, Hi, Is that True, If you eat Oregano you build up your immune system and you cant get it. Or was that sarcastic. Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh bird flu is back? What happened to the predicted 150 million dead the first time around?

Everytime I hear "bird flu" I can't help but laugh a little. What's next? Zebra hives?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

the above post is a little more on point.

no sarcasim. it does help build a resistance. well that is the theroy anyways..

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
. What's next? Zebra hives?

dont make fun of my illness..

just kidding.

i am in the same boat as you. although the bird flu was never a big concern for me. i eat more wild fowl than anything else and it hasnt slowed me down a lick. although im not sure how you contract it.,,,

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

That was stated in a paper written by the famous virologist Mr. Robert Webster, he stated that if H5N1 manged to mutate up to two more times if may become a highly contagious Human-to-Human disease which could potentially wipe out 100-150 million. I think he write it in an article he called "The world is teetering on the edge of a global pandemic", or something close to that name.

Fox

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

H5N1 can be contracted via contact with birds "waste" or blood. Most other liquids in a bird will contain it. H5N1 will usually be in the intestines of a wild bird, wild birds can fend it off with there higher immune systems, but domestic birds cannot and H5N1 can get into there lungs and throat in those cases.

Fox

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

ah thanks for the info. i was not aware how the carried it.

i dont think it is gonna stop me from eating wild fowl though as i love the hunt and the meat. so its a chance im willing to take.

thanks again for the info. star for you....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the star man, If you live in the western world ALL fowl have to undergo really hard tests. For a domestic bird with Influenza A subtype H5N1 to slip through the net, its unbelievably unlikely, most cases involve prolonged exposure to a bird, or in one little girls case; kissing chickens to much.

Fox

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
. What's next? Zebra hives?

dont make fun of my illness..

Stop making out with birds! Joking
I had too lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

kissing chickens

that is the funny part not the little girl getting sick. that is kinda sad.

well its good they are testing. i guess. seems like i read something about age had a large roll in you chances of getting it. it has been a year or two since i last kept up with this problem. looks like i need to refresh my mind a little.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I haven't read any definitive evidence on that, but i guess it would make sense for a younger or older person to catch it easier. Young peoples immune systems are not fully functional yet, and old peoples are closing down so are also weakened, plus the fact that the best human immune cant handle it, so i guess the old and young would be the first to surcom to it.

Fox

[Edit - That chicken and girl kissing article can be found HERE.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
PLEASE DELETE THIS OR SOMETHING>

This post was an accident!!

To keep on topic, bird flu sucks

[edit on 16-7-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Update.

Well Ive had a scout around and there is no new news on this matter. I'm awaiting the news to make my prediction correct; as i said, they will get worried and not know what to do, as a PR stunt and out of panic start to cull everything within sight.

Fox

top topics

join