It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Christian opinion ..... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What is the Christian opinion of things in Prehistoric religions such as:

the ancient sun god being reborn 3 days after the winter solstice (the time when the sun died)

the sacrificial slaughter of a lamb in order to seek forgiveness

the connection with the number 12 (like the disciples) throughout prehistoric religions and races such as the Sumerians

Ancient religions using the cross in their symbolism

The biblical passage regarding the sons of god and the daughters of man

Other contradictions in the bible such as the "let us make man in our image" verse

There are lots of things like this that baffle me and I would really like to know some CHRISTIAN opinions of this please.

I'm not here to judge anyone, I just want to get some understanding. I would like to hear this stuff from a Christian perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have post that got some 80 responses about this very topic- it's in the 5th page..

but yea your right.. christianity has pagan and egyptian roots.

December 25th is the rebirth/birth for all sun deites
the number 12 is everywhere because there's 12 zodiac signs of the sun.

jesus is looked as the light of the world (the sun) and he has 12 disciples (12 zodiac signs)

the cross was first the sign of horus... which is the jesus equivalent.... egyptians were the first to invent the plan for salvation and they also have a trinity... horus, isis and osiris

the true madonna is isis and when we see mary holding jesus, we're seeing isis holding horus.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thank you, I'm not here to judge, I just want to know how Christians cope with what could possibly be evidence disproving their faith.

What would a priest or other "high" member of the church say if he was confronted with this evidence and what does an "ordinary" churchgoer think about it?

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
While I'm not knowledgable enough to answer the questions about ancient religions I tackle the others. The sacrificing of animals was done in the Old Testament to cleanse sin. That along with the Law of Moses or Mosaic Law was the old way. After Jesus came and died for our sins the old ways were ended since Jesus was the final and perfect sacrifice for our sins. That's why that's no longer done or needs to be.

Let us make man in our image......spoken by God who is a Trinity. Tough to fathom.....but basically three seperate entities that are one. The sons of God and doughters of man one I covered in the questions about the Bible post.
And no, Christianity doesn't have pagan roots.....God has always been around. The Bible starts out with the creation of the world and then Adam and Eve and so on and so forth long before there were small settlements in Egypt. Although it didn't take long for that to happen since Egypt is one of the closest countries to good old Iraq. And yes, paganism is older than modern Christianity in that Jesus was here a little less than 2,000 years ago but like I said..... And you're right about Dec 25 being a pagan date because it is but that's not when Jesus was really born, kind of like the date of Easter being pagan as well.

top topics

join