It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal combustion vs. Honda’s fuel cell.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just saw that commercial for the fuel cell Honda again. In the add it says it exhausts only water.

Why isn’t the auto industry in on this as a whole?

Don’t you think that the salvation of Detroit is an action like this?

The internal combustion is obsolete and you have to believe that they know this. The general public seems to be aware of this.

Anyone got an answer??

Oil would still be used, to a much lesser degree, in the plastic’s industry and the lubricants industry and the wax industry. That being said, it would seems that the oil addicted economy would survive.

Am I wrong here??

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just a guess, but I think it comes down to replacing a mega industry with an entirely new technology. There are supply chains, trained workers, manufacturing facilities, distribution channels, and lots of engineering and testing to consider. You don't just go to an empty warehouse and say tomorrow we start cranking out 10,000 a day of one ton objects which never existed before.

Who will repair them? That's easy the usual guys, are they trained on this yet? Uh, no. Just send them to the school and give them the books!

Uh we have the school but there are no books. Just print them!
Uh, they don't exist, and the technology is not even in it's final form. By the time we print them, it will all be different!

You see what I mean. Just a new model takes a couple of years to adapt to.

Add to that if you are first in, and someone uses the newer better, when you committed early to a dud, and it is not possible to adapt, you are history!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hey Cyber,

Don't I feel like a idiot.

Thanks for the answer, nothing more I need to ask.

I hate the times when I miss the obvious!!

Ohh well, onward and upward!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I might have seen the same commercial yesterday too.. Honda, red car i belive in commercial, its exhaust puts out water. Pollution free.
Last year, i worked with a kid going to school for auto mechanics. One day, he was telling me, his calss and teacher wee working on a hydrogen car... his teacher told him, one day, in winter, 2 years ago, he tried starting the hydrogen car, one cold january morning. Exhaist by product was water... the car wouldnt run over. The problem he found, was that the water in the exhaust had forzen..and backed up to the engine block.: ( In other words, from the muffler, all the way back to engine block, where exhaust connects, inside was frozen still with ice.
Kinda makes you re think it lol.

new topics

top topics

join