It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Get Rich Quick Scam vs. Financial Education

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I dont remember. Twas a decade ago in some zen-parables book. Im sure Ive altered the joke meanwhile.

You´re probably thinking because it contains the concept of "God" and "Heaven", but they had equivalents of those concepts too.

Ah, I see. I don't think it's Zen, though. Sounds Tibetan. I think I heard Geshe Kelsang Gyatso say something similar.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
dudes,

STAY AWAY FROM A SCAM CALLED WORLD FINANCIAL GROUP. OMG they are slime. My sister got into them because her best friends boyfrend is some mucky de muck at WFG. all they d is try to recruit people and then charge them 100 for being recruited.

My sister insisted I went to one, and I practically ran out screaming . I ran for my life, I wasn't even an associate and they wanted me to give them 25 referrals. And I had known them for about 10 minutes. My sister gave them a list of about 100 people and all of them won't talk to her again. Some were good friends too.

they are sooooooooooooo shady and slimy. my sister has been with them for about 1 month and she still doesn't even know what the company does. they won't tell her when she asks but they are trying to get her to recruit new people. they even told her that she was "Uncoachable" when she asks and that they won't train her to get ahead until she gives hem even more referrals. sad. I don't know how to get her to leave this organization. they have already ripped her off 200 bucks and she is unemployed at the moment. she is now calling me and getting irate that I won't join, they seem very cultish. and I want to help my sister get away from this group and her "new friends" Any ideas how to get her to leave these people. before she gets hurt from being used.

Please somebody give me some advice.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Some questions to ask your sis:

(You make fake or act like you might be interested in joining, but you just have a few questions before joining)

"So, which of your new friends has become rich?"

(None)

"Have you made any profit yet?"

(No)

"What would I have to do?"

(Get other people to join)

"Are you happy with your life?"

(No)

If she doesnt "get it", she just has to learn the lesson herself. She´ll get ripped off, have a low phase in her life and hopefully get back out of it again someday, lessons learned.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
yeah I've asked her those questions, she gets offended. Her girlfriends boyfriend is making lots of money. she'll say. she doesn't realize that he is the only one making money. The company has a turn over rate that is unbelievably bad. If I google the guys name it shows up on scam.com the company has been fined by the BBB or something similar to that for hiding customer complaints.

I feel really helpless to help my sister get out of this bad situation, she doesn't even want to admit she's in. If she does than she'll lose this friend too. She's even told our parents and family that she's gotten this great job but none of us can figure out what it is. they swear they are going to teach her about finances, but what they teach her is very shallow. she could learn more about finances in a 5 minute google search.

I just don't know what to do for her. I actually found myself tearing up this morning thinking about it. I want to give her an ultimatum to get her away from these guys. like lose your "new friend" or lose me. Obviously I can't abandon my sister but I have to get her away from these people. they are going to ruin her life, and she's going o have to start over with new friends, gaining back her credibility etc... I just want to avert this disaster for my sister, and don't know how.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I just want to avert this disaster for my sister, and don't know how.

Well, if you do get her out, then she´ll have someone to blame (you) for not "having it made big". Best thing you can do is let it inspire you to increase your own money flow so that you have some means to help her when she wakes up and comes running to you for help...and that day will come.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join