It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate forum Information

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Damn i have to work on tuesday. :O

I can still debate but i wont have that much time so i may be slightly late.

if i am sory in advance.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Question to the mods: are we still starting Round Three of the Debate Tournament on Saturday?

5more

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Question to the mods: are we still starting Round Three of the Debate Tournament on Saturday?

5more

It will assessed at about that time; since we are accomodating 44soulslayer I figured it was best to wait until we hear from when when he gets back from the Middle East.

But roughly, yes...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Looks like round 3 has been posted. Good luck everyone!

Round 3: Maxmars vs TruthWithin: Revolutionary Hero Or Terrorist?
Round 3: chissler vs 44soulslayer: America! Enough Is Enough!
Round 3: schrodingers dog vs americandingbat: Twitter Causes Twitters?

The bracket as it currently stands:

It looks like the winner of "chissler vs 44soulslayer" will get a bye in round 4. Is that correct Mem/Semper?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Round 3 is shaping up to be a great one. I've been offered a tough position but I think it is one that both sides can make a strong case.

Glad to be back at it.

Good luck to all debaters.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
FYI - if anyone is interested, my opening post is up. Pray for me (or something).

I hope TruthWithin doesn't crush me with one blow!

By the way, is there still a general prohibition against greetings or strictly non-debate-related chatter?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For the record:

I am forfeiting the 3rd round of the debate tournament in favor of americandingbat.

Off the record:

2 reasons ...

I was rather ill this last weekend with a serious bout of food poisoning and still am to some degree, hence I missed my posting deadline for the opening round of the debate. I just don't feel well enough right now to participate in a debate.

Also, to be honest I'm finding it very difficult to generate any measure of will or enthusiasm to undertake a debate. The debates were/are great fun, but only in conjunction with the social atmosphere of the Pub. Without it, it just feels like going through the motions.

Please do not take this as some kind of big "statement," it is simply how I feel right now, both physically and psychologically.

Adb, congratulations and good luck in the next round.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well thanks

I couldve lost to the eventual winner but noooooooooo you had to go and be ill

Seriously though I hope you feel better soon

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
SDog - I hope you recover quickly!

I'm sorry not to have the chance to debate you, but I appreciate your reasons for forfeiting. I would be lying if I said that I have anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the tournament that I started out with.

Best of luck to Maxmars, TruthWithin, 44soulslayer, and Chissler; both debates look to be tough matches.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thread Announcement

This is not a chit-chat or lounge type thread. Posts here need to be on topic and related to members seeking information and guidance in possibly becoming a new debate participant or setup of a new debate.

Posts without that focus will be moderated.

Thanks,

ATS Staff

edit: closing for a bit.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by kinglizard]

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join