It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Boycott Not Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Living in South Carolina I can tell you that the NAACP boycott of the state has had little to no effect.

It would seem they have other steps in mind.

Cincinnati (AP) - NAACP leaders meeting in in Cincinnati say they will step up their campaign against flying of the Confederate battle flag on state grounds in South Carolina.

A 2000 compromise removed the flag from the Capitol dome in South Carolina. It now flies on Statehouse grounds near the Confederate Soldier Monument.

CNS News

Now while I DO NOT support flying the Confederate Flag over the Statehouse, I wonder what one would fly over a Confederate Soldier Monument if the Confederate Flag was not allowed?

A little common sense is needed here.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

i live here in columbia, and i can tell you when they took the flag off the state building they made a statue and put it right smack dab in the middle of the yard..

you couldnt tell what it was on top of the state building. now its the first thing you see in downtown columbia

to hell with the NAACP. its South Carolina heritage, they need to realize that. and like it or not that flag is part of our history here in SC.

i have black faimly and they all know my feelings on it and guess what they dont even care. my nephews father, my brother in law, my faimly, is black and he buys me clothes with the battle flag on them for christmas and my birthday.

this to me is a sad attempt by people who have nothing better to do but snuff our history. screw them. they can cut the two rebel flags i have tattooed on my back of my cold dead body cause that is the only way they will take those down..

edit:

what about these brave black men who fought for the south?
where is their honor NAACP?
www.scvcamp469-nbf.com...

unlike union armys the blacks fought side by side with the white men for the south.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

one more question.

how do you feel about them takeing the flag down and putting it on the front steps?

no motive just wanted your opinion if you dont mind giving it...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Not being from here originally, I really have no feelings on it.

I have fought my entire life for the ol' Red White and Blue. I don't care about other flags one way or the other.

If the people that were born here want it, I see no reason for some outsiders to come in and force them to remove it...

I think that if outsiders don't like it; don't come to South Carolina.

Semper

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

just an update our govener mark sanford said today he would not bow to the wishes of the NAACP. its about time someone told these worthless excuse for people no..

good for him im once again proud to be a citizen of this state...

new topics

top topics

join