It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter to the editor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I wrote a letter to the editor and it is getting printed in my local paper this week sometime. thought it may start a decent discussion.

Editor:

I am disgusted and sickened by George W. Bush�s new campaign advertisement that capitalizes on the September 11th attacks. These first strings of advertisements are nothing more than a cheap exploitation of thousands who lost their lives, families that lost their loved ones and America, devastated while Mr. Bush and his colleagues gained a reason to push their true agenda (oil pipelines in Afghanistan, revenge for daddy in Iraq, stripping us of freedoms and making us live in fear). Now we have to relive the attacks. This time being thrown in our faces as a reason to reelect the �leader� who has plunged us into debt, who has made us look like fools in front of the world that now hates us more than ever, who has sent men and women my age to Iraq to die under false pretenses, who was elected by the United States Supreme Court and not the people of the United States of America. And this not even two months after he was quoted as saying "I have no ambition whatsoever to use this as a political issue� when discussing how he would not use the �war of terror� as a campaign tactic.
If Bush wants to profit from that dark day in 2001, then I believe that he should also be willing to testify in front of the 9/11 Commission. The man who�s watch our country was under when those towers fell refuses to meet with the commission that he created in order to find out what went wrong leading up to the attack. Also, the 2004 Republican National convention is conveniently scheduled for the first week of September, allowing Bush to walk onto that stage only days before the third anniversary of the 9/11. Gee, I wonder what that speech will consist of?
George W. Bush has already alienated the young, gay, peaceful, middle and lower class and now he alienates those who have lost someone to the terrorist attacks and whose lives will never be the same, those of us who are sick of this method of advertising.
Keep it up! Short of you magically finding Osama in the months before the election, your days are numbered. Mr. Bush, meet Mr. Kerry, our next President.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Quite the accomplishment, getting a letter printed.
Just so I (or everyone else here) can watch for it, what paper will this be in?

Cas

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Cascadego]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
YOU NEED TO GET INTO THE "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS" THREAD THATS GOING

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
YOU NEED TO GET INTO THE "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS" THREAD THATS GOING

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The vicious attack on the nation was during his watch. He has responded appropriately to the attack, and hopefully, he and other world leaders will continue to attack those who wish to destroy the Western World.

Most people understand this, and are very grateful we had a strong leader during this time. There was nothing distateful about the campaign ad, and it was a very appropriate point.

In your article, you brought up points that had nothing to do with the ad, such as Bush "alienating young gay men, peaceful lower and middle class...", and in doing so, you are saying the lower and middle class, who are not alienated, by the way, are the same as homosexuals. I personally, take offense to your assertion.

You also fail to point out that the stage for the attacks was set during the previous administration, an administration that weakened both our intelligence as well as our military, and allowed military and nuclear secrets to get into the hands of the enemy, while at the same time talking tough about hostile nations but doing nothing more than lobbing million dollar missiles in order to cover up his scandals.

Interestingly enough, you feel that if Osama is caught any time prior to the election, it will be a political conspiracy. You've already set the stage for an attack of your own.

I, for one, am not impressed with your letter to the editor, and I would imagine that many of the readers of your editorial will feel the same way. Unless it was sent to the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation, or another similarly left-wing rag.

top topics

join