It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Did Kill Chandra Levy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Who Did Kill Chandra Levy?

www.washingtonpost.com

The murder of Chandra Levy remains Washington's most famous unsolved crime. Many people, including police and prosecutors, suspected that a congressman was responsible. But a year-long Washington Post investigation reveals new information showing that critical leads were ignored and the killer may never be brought to justice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
For everyone who got distracted from this case thanks to 9/11 expect to hear more about the case in upcoming days. The Washington Post is really going full-throttle, as they release 12 important stories on the case in July. Go to the link and follow along, I think there is a good chance you'll read a lot of details not previously known.

Botched police work (what else is new?) and detailed interviews give some amazing perspective. This case never got off the ground due to the media attraction to the big news of the day.

From all I have previously read, Condit is a pretty scary dude... complete politician to the marrow. Read and Try not pointing your finger!

Any input here?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I posted a thread about Chandra Levy a while back. I couldn't believe how quickly we all forgot about her. Yes, 9/11 was a big deal but it seemed like the noose was just starting to tighten around Condit's neck, then the towers fell and it was over.

I hope they find who did it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My guess is that Condit or his wife arranged it.
It's a shame that this story fell through the cracks.
Of course .. an email campaign to MSM outlets could make it resurface.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Flyers Fan - Great idea (MSN emails !!!!) I searched for past Levy threads and it has been quite a while and most of the links included on those past threads are no longer working.

It just doesn't seem fair that this situation is how it is. When you look at the time-line of events, it would be reasonable to take the side Condit had a hand in the matter. The chances of random violence in a park are minute enough, but then you figure she had been spending 3 days a week minimum at a congress person's home, who already had a family... her internship was ending and she was graduating college...

Nobody really ever doubts the math.

When police foul up a situation like that, it does give rise to the possibilities of a conspiracy of some sort. An officer went in to Levy's laptop unauthorized to do as such, and somehow managed to lock out/erase the history?? How the hell does that happen? Does anyone know the name of this moron officer? Protect and serve this. Then it took a professional comp. engineer a month to retrieve the data. It's scary how cold calculated it all seems.

This is a disgusting conspiracy at high levels, and it's sad Condit is such a creep... I can't wait to read more of those rumor pages like this one that claims Condit was into heavy sexual deviance..

[edit on 14-7-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

I've always thought that her job involving prisons or prisoners should have been investigated more than it was. No one will ever know what or who killed Chandra Levy. We will never even know why , because Washington D.C. is a dangerous place.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Any input here?

No, but I have an opinion.
I have not read the article.
Back when they were still looking for a body, I already had a suspicion.
Why did he completely sanitize his apartment before he let it be searched?
I think he replaced the carpet and re-painted.
Just that, makes me think... oh yeah, no finger pointing.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

From all I have previously read, Condit is a pretty scary dude... complete politician to the marrow. Read and Try not pointing your finger!

I used to live in the WDC area and worked at a fitness/tennis club where many politicians were members of. Condit was a member there. Scary? Eh, I wouldn't say that at all, based on my interactions with him. What he was like away from the club, well, that could be very different.

However, with all that said. I believe he had a hand in her disappearance/death. Maybe not directly, but maybe hired....but I believe he was involved.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Great post, I have always wondered why he was allowed to do the things he did before any search warrant was served. In all i have read I have never sen any interviews or investigations into past girlfriends. The papers never had any stories on his past other than his association with local biker groups. Its going to be interesting to read what wil come out now that so much time has lapsed.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It is certainly past due for this case to come back to the media foreground.

I just emailed Drudge Report in hopes he links to the Washington Post series (12 in all!), each being released throughout the month. Hopefully yes, there will be more background info on Condit.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wrote a report on this for one of my effective writing classes. I was amazed at how easily this story was just swept under the carpet. If I remember correctly now they placed blame on the man who killed another woman in the same park where her body was found. Of course without evidence they could not formally charge him with the crime but they were blaming him.

I also found it odd that her body went that long without being found if it had been in the park the whole time. Like the others I doubt we will ever know who did this.

Interesting thing though is that Condit owns a (I believe) Baskin Robins or some other ice cream shop.

Raist

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was watching Morning Joe on MSNBC, this morning and Mika held up the paper and pointed to the Condit story.
It was just below the fold, on the front page.
Good for her.
I did not watch the whole show, (that was in the first half hour) so I do not know if they ever discussed it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Barbara Olson wrote the book on Hillary Clinton, HELL TO PAY. Barbara was hot on the trail of bad boy Congressman Gary Condit (D-Calif.), who was under suspicion in the disappearance of his intern & love interest, Chandra Levy. Two months after Chandra vanished, Condit got interdicted while depositing a leather Tag Heuer watch container in an Old Town, Alexandria, VA, Safeway store dumpster. A fifteen-foot brick wall surrounds that trash receptacle. The Safeway at 500 S. Royal St. is located about six miles one-way from Condit’s then Washington, DC, address; but only three blocks from James Carville’s residence. Barbara Olson was Los Angeles bound, aboard American Airlines Flight 77, as a guest on Bill Maher’s popular TV show, Politically Incorrect. Flight 77 was hijacked and flown into the Pentagon. Date: September 11, 2001. Chandra Levy's remains were found May 22, 2002 in Rock Creek Park. Gary Condit kept his seat on the Intelligence Committee, but lost his subsequent bid for re-election.

Dead Drop: Prearranged hidden location for depositing and picking up messages and money in a clandestine manner, without the parties involved being present at the same time. According to the married Condit, a female admirer gave him the Tag Heuer timepiece. Gary Condit crossed the Potomac River from the District of Columbia to Alexandria, Virginia to dispose of the zippered case in a more than secure location, but kept the wristwatch. “The Clinton years might seem like a long national nightmare of scandal, sleaze, and ruthless acquisition of power. Hillary herself is the link from the excesses of the Watergate staff, to the Whitewater fiasco, to the abuses of executive power, to the defense of her husband’s perjury and obstruction of justice. But now it is Hillary’s turn. The Clinton era is far from over and Hillary’s ambitions far from satisfied,” wrote Barbara Olson.

Again, this is but a smattering of the political climate in which Chandra Levy lived. Ms. Levy's criminal justice training may also have predisposed her to trust individuals with a law enforcement background. And, Hillary Clinton has typically had more than a few of these types on her payroll. Besides, the DNC could ill afford to lose Gary Condit's congressional seat. There would be no more Monica Lewinskys; no more blue dresses. Monica Lewinsky was plain fortunate. Similarities abound, but some would rather put forth that space aliens abducted Chandra Levy than even consider the real actors, with real means, real motives, and real opportunities. Difference between Fort Marcy Park and Rock Creek Park: couple of miles as the crow flies. To borrow a phrase from Bill Clinton, “It ought to make the bells go off in your head:” theseedsof9-11.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This has been the most helpful response I've received thus far, and it's very insightful.

I agree there being similarities shared with the Monica (and her gooey dress) story and Chandra's.

And to be honest it was a refresher reading other elements I had only glanced over once or twice ... probably in 01 or 02. So thanks, I think. It's such a frustrating story to rehash, I hate Condit with a passion I have for few things in this life.

Your post deserves many stars.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

new topics

top topics

join