It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Threads Have Got To Stop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am Sick of people wasting valuable time, to start a thread for example "Dragon Flies Arn't Real"
Ok Im gonna start a sort of petition for people to accept on this thread, where to get the moderators to check all the threads before they are re-leased or to have threads which have to contain a certain amount of words example "1000" to stop these rediculous threads from being brought up! I have taken quite alot of these on ATS but now they are just becoming unreal, and if it doesn't stop soon, i am going to quit ATS for life!

Ok Here is the Petition:

Name:

Reason why you want to accept:

What you think of these stupid threads:

How is it destroying ATS:

or make your own, this is just an example template!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

Will you make a list of approved topics that we can discuss on the forum? I agree that sometimes there are really absurd threads that seem to garner way too much traffic. But usually, they do sink to the bottom and eventually go away. I just don't think you can regulate it in a forum like this.

I mean, the world ending in 4 years is ok, aliens are ok, but dragonflies being fake is a no no? Even though the US military currently has bugs that they can spy with? Sadly, the dragon fly thread has more of a base in reality than a lot of the normal threads on here.

Perhaps we could get some rules in place to prevent people from excessively bumping their own threads. It would make it easier for the thread to disappear that way.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Nothing the back button can't fix.

Also, i hope you realise the irony of this thread....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
yeah, i mean there are alot of realy good topics in ATS, but most of them are overpowered by the silly ones, which are getting on my nerves a little bit! I can here to understand and so far all im getting is confusion!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Nothing the back button can't fix.

Also, i hope you realise the irony of this thread....

I don't know where else to put it! So less of the sarcastic and obnoxious comments please! The moderators will move if necessasary!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

"Dragon Flies Arn't Real"

I found that thread to be extremely interesting one of the best threads ever on ATS.LOL

I was just about to start my new "Lady Bugs Aren't Real" thread.

Please stick around don't go!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This time of year seems to bring an influx of silliness.
Simply ignore it.
Trolls post for attention. Don't give it to them, and they will go elsewhere.
Read the threads that interest you.
START new threads that you think will promote a good discussion.
Easy enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ya, it sort of bites but what are you going to do? Just ignore those types of threads.

You're probably mad that those threads get dozens of bites and your serious threads get not even a nibble. Someone else made a thread about that issue. I admit that sometimes I feel the same way. But, let's put it this way. If your thread gets zero replies it just means everyone agrees with you. You, as thread starter, have to create some controversy.

If you can't beat 'em...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Aye, put in regulations. Then watch as your own threads, which are entirely suitable for the site are turned down.

ATS would slow to a stop if each thread had to be allowed past an admin first.

Also, I like the way your thread fails your own 1000 word suggestion. Whilst not being stupid, it would not be allowed; and thus you point out a fundamental flaw.

It's a good idea, but wouldn't work.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why would you want to petition to censor ATS?
If you don't like the topic/thread.........butt out!

Now....how hard was that?

I just.....butted out from your thread!

H

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
What you think of these stupid threads:

Ignore them if you don't like them.

How is it destroying ATS:

For a guy who's been here less than two months you are pretty intense.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I couldn’t agree more with you.
Ignore instead of sencering is best to promute real unconditinal ideas.
The problem with juging the threads and deliberatijng which threads is more stupid then other , is that you enter the game of sencership…and we don’t want that…do wee?

Kacou.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If you want a conspiracy forum without the tinfoil hat brigade then I suggest you start up your own forum and dictate to people what conspiracies are acceptable, don't expect too much discussion to be going on in it however due to a lack of members and everyone agreeing on the same things!

Oh and thanks for wasting my time with your inane whining, if you don't like threads don't read them, surely the thread title of "dragonflies aren't real" would be enough to help you make an assumption of what the subject matter would be about and thus direct you away from the content ?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I understand your frustration, but I don't want anyone pre-sorting the wheat from the chaff for me. I'm perfectly capable of that myself, and every now and then, I'm surprised by a little nugget of info that surfaces in an otherwise awkward and silly thread.

If I think a thread is a waste of time, I just don't post there. A small amount of threads seem created with some inflammatory statement to incite division or controversy. It seems to be the case with the rest of the forums I frequent, except perhaps Homesteadingtoday.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I dislike the ones that have fake and misleading titles. the majority of the times i click on such a post The op seems to be a 13 year old idiot that can only type in caps lock and never provides anything they say they would.

I find it equally funny as well as depressing.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Two things,

Firstly, a suggestion

Be the change you wish to see

Secondly, there is a place for stuff like this, and its in the ATS Issues thread

Theres also the Complaint/Suggestion link in everyones member centre that can be used for raising issues, which the staff will look at and attend to as necessary.

Please use either of those two options. Thread closing....

top topics

join