It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anheuser-Busch Sells Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Anheuser-Busch Sells Out

www.cnn.com

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) -- Anheuser-Busch reportedly has agreed to be acquired by Belgian brewer InBev for about $52 billion.

The deal being reported by The Wall Street Journal would create the world\'s largest brewer and put the iconic American beer maker in the hands of the Belgian-based company behind Stella Artois and Beck\'s beers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Another American company selling out to foreigners. From now on Im drinking microbrews!
You may say Im over reacting, but this is a giant US company, an Icon, I guess this is just the begining, get ready for more sell offs as the dollar plunges.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i was thinbkinbg of posting this too,,,,,,although a done deal----the shareholders must still approve the merger, which could take months

i am absolutely outraged------anotheramerican co. selling out

i will never buy an Abusch product again if this happens

please please ,,all ats member go to these 2 links and sign the petition to stop this-----they're quick and easy and one even sends you a bumper sticker if you want

savebudweiser.com...

saveab.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The Selling of America - Anheuser-Busch sells out

I was looking at a 24 pack of Budweiser today and noticed the packaging was red/white/blue with the term American Beer proudly displayed. Will they have truth in advertising and tell all their drinkers that a large percentage of the purchase price will now go strait to Eurape? How long till they start closing down brewerys, like when Miller was purchased by South African Breweries or Pabst became a vertial brewery?

Hopefully the few remaining regional breweries and microbrews step up and advertise that they are American Made & American Owned and take some market share from the South Africans, etc.

An another note, when is Congress going to get the hint that selling off our oil & gas companies (see BP), brewery capabilities (a.k.a. potential biofuel producers), utilities (see Puget Sound Energy), and heavy industry to foreign business interests is NOT good for American.

new topics

top topics

join