It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi guys, looking for some opinions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi. I'm sure you are aware that I've never posted here before, but I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now. I've always been a big believer of life on other planets, and the government keeping secrets about it. I have had a strange experience yesterday and I’d like to get your opinions on it, to see if I’m just being paranoid or what. But first, let me tell you what happened.

Yesterday started off as strange. Nothing major, but there was an odd silence around my house. Usually there are animals and birds around making noise and whatnot, but yesterday I didn’t see a single animal or bird all day. I thought nothing of it at the time, but it is the first strange thing to happen.

I should explain why silence is strange. I live in a house on farmland with my family. The farm is not mine, my father is the farmer, I run a general store in town, but we built our house next to my parent’s house because we couldn’t really afford our own land at the time. Anyway, that’s where I live with my wife and 2 daughters. The farm is about 30 minutes drive from the nearest town, so as you can imagine, there are usually a lot of animals and birds and things running around. That’s why the silence was strange.

As I said, I didn’t think anything of it at the time, but last night the dog woke me up barking like crazy for some reason. I was about to go yell at him when he suddenly went quiet on his own. So I decided to just go back to sleep, he sometimes barks at nothing and it wasn’t really anything new. Anyway, just as I was drifting back to sleep, I was reawakened by this weird high pitched whining noise. It was the strangest thing I’ve ever heard, and it sounded like it came from just outside the house. It was repeated again and I decided to go take a look, I couldn’t think of anything that would make a noise like that.

Anyway, I walked downstairs to the entryway and just as I was about to flick the lightswitch, I noticed the doorknob move. I heard it first, then saw it twitch. Then I heard some kind of scratching on the door. I was panicking, I thought it was a burglar or something, though now in hindsight I don’t know why somebody would drive all the way out here to burgle our house. I turned on the light and made a lot of noise, hoping to scare off the burglar. I had once seen a TV show that said this is the best course of action, because the burglar will get scared of being caught and try to flee rather than deal with a house that is aware of him, especially since for all he knew, I was a farmer and had no problem defending my home with a gun.

Anyway, I heard footsteps running off the porch and into the field, and I opened the door to look out after they had faded. I couldn’t see anything naturally, and I was about to close the door when I heard the high pitched whining noise repeated from out in the field. I started to get a little spooked, because it was such a strange noise. Anyway, I locked up the door and checked everything else was locked, then went up to bed. I couldn’t sleep though, my heart was racing and I was afraid of hearing the noise again. My wife was equally as spooked and the kids came to sleep with us after the whining noise had woken them up.

This morning I found my dog dead inside his kennel. I don’t know how he died, there wasn’t a mark on him and he was in perfect health according to the vet 3 weeks ago, but I remember now how he was barking and suddenly went quiet last night.

I also discovered a strange long scratch mark on my door. I can only assume it was the scratching noise I had heard last night. The thing is, the same mark was on the door to my parent’s house. They hadn’t heard anything, they have hearing problems and could sleep through anything, but the door scratch was strange. I checked the field where I had heard the footsteps the night before heading towards, and I noticed strange tracks in the dirt. I don’t know what they are, but they looked like nothing I’d seen before, either person or animal.

Anyway, I went in to town to report the night’s events to the local police, and they said they would look into it in case it was some burglars or something that had been troubling farms. However, when I got home, throughout the day I noticed that a strange number of cars came along the dirt road that goes by our house. I counted 23 cars, all black, drive past in both directions along the road out front of our driveway. It is extremely odd since we are lucky to see 1 car a day usually.

Now I am starting to feel a little freaked out, I know I can be paranoid at times and others know it as well, but the whole event has my entire family freaked out, and I am concerned that something is going on. You guys deal with this sort of thing on a regular basis, so that’s why I’m posting this here. I want to know if I’m just being paranoid or if there is something to really be concerned about. I doubt I will sleep again tonight, my mind is racing and I know I’ll be straining my ears to hear another strange noise.

So what do you guys think, I worry about my family and I hope it’s all just in my head, but what if there is something happening here. If you have any thoughts or experiences that could put my mind at ease I would really like to hear them.

Thanks, Kevin.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow.Sorry to hear about your dog.
Im sure that was frighting with two daugters and a wife in the home.Tell us a little more about the scratches on the door.Also was there a lot of air traffic like helicopters and such near your home along with the strange black cars?.What about military bases near your home or research labs.Keep in mind that it could be nothing to it,however with a family to protect im sure you want some kind of closure.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Tricky63]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Kev I think you are freeking out abit too much Your mind is going wild right now witch leads to many thoughts of strange things that go bump in the night. We have all had this happen to us I know i have

I'm sorry your dog has passed on but this can happen just like a human passing away with out warning

As for your front door you say you live on a farm ? Maybe it was a bird of some sort That landed on the handle and scratched your door

Just trying to calm your mind It could be so many things

If you think some thing is going on Hide a video cam some place out side and run it all night long with a light on out side

I hope you have a better night sleep

Light and peace

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hopefully you are right and it is just my mind playing tricks on me. Similar things have happened in the past where I overthink something that turns out to have a simple explanation.

My father has mentioned something about a military installation before, but from what I understand it would take hours to drive out to where it is, it isn't really that nearby. As for helicopters, there were a couple during the day, but that is not necessarily unusual around here. They are sometimes used to check up on the crops of some of the larger farms around the area, and this far away from any real city, injured people are usually flown by helicopter to a hospital in a town a fair way away from here.

The scratch on the door isn't anything fancy, but I know it was not there the day before. I had cleaned the outside of the house with chlorine that day, and did not notice anything. The scratch is quite noticable, it is a long diagonal line and looks like it was made using a dull knife or something. The strange thing is it is on both my house's door and my parent's door. Almost the same scratch on each.

My wife has described the noise we heard as a "keening" noise. She reckons it reminds her of a bird, but not like any bird noise she has ever heard. It is strange, because there is an unnatural stillness the last couple of days. Living on a farm, you can usually feel a connection with nature, hearing it during both the day and night. But that feeling has been absent the last couple of days. The only real noise I have noticed was the strange high pitched whine from last night.

A hidden camera isn't a bad idea, but I'll have to borrow one off of a friend if I want to do that. I will wait and see if anything strange happens during the night before doing that. I have asked my father to keep his hearing aids in tonight in case something else happens.

But anyway, I am going to try and get some sleep now. I will update this tomorrow if anything out of the ordinary happens, but hopefully it is all in my head and nothing strange will occur. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks, Kevin.

new topics

top topics

join