It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evolution speeding up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Not just that...But IQ's are up all over the place...and it's not just due to schooling, genetics, or any other seemable factor.

And the weird thing is....It seems to be related to shifts in spiritual awareness and a sense of a higher being....changes in consciousness.

is this just in australia or the whole world? if its the whole world, then TRUST ME, its NOT because of schooling. the education system here in america (texas, at least) has been going on a downward fall since it started.

The whole world.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ludi

I personally feel that the singularity will be a period of some sort of rapid shift upwards (4th density, or whatever you want to call it) for those trying to evolve on an intellectual/spiritual level, and kind of an evolutionary reset button for everyone else. Probably a vain little pipedream, but beyond all the research it feels right intuitively.
Ludi

~~**~~~~**~~

'evolutionary reset button' in-other-words, Sixth Mass Extinction....eh?

~?~

yo, i visited your site...with the red-aura of your? head shot

there is a faint resembleance to infamous Lee Harvey Oswald

or else that Die-Hard movie series hero guy...whats-his-name

enjoyed your input

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
riffraffalunas,

Your not the first person to tell me that I look like Mr. Oswald.

Personally I don't think I'm nearly as sexy or overwhemingly charismatic...but I AM a better shot!

Lee Harvey Ludi

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Evolution isnt speeding up its us were understanding the universe quicker and quicker so this alters our enviroment as we grow up so we become different.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I really liked "Waking Life" when I rented it a few months ago... My ex-girlfriend fell asleep in the midst of it and when I showed it to some friends, they hated it. ("This movie makes me want to shoot myself in the genitals." as one friend put it.
)

I don't think evolution is "speeding up" at all, but who's to say at what rate evolution progresses at any point?

You may find this interesting, however:

www.chron.com...

In modern memory, the younger generation rarely has had any doubt it is smarter than the older generation. Now, there may be data to suggest it's right.

IQ scores are rising so dramatically, say researchers who study intelligence, that a high proportion of people considered average at the turn of the 20th century would be regarded as significantly below average by today's tests.

"People are smarter now, they know more," says Cecil Reynolds, a Texas A&M University professor of neuroscience and educational psychology. "Children are stimulated at an early age by a more complicated world, fostering neurological development."

More specifically, psychologists cite as likely explanations better education, improved socioeconomic status, healthier nutrition, smaller families, urbanization, even television and video games making minds more agile.

But critics, most of them opponents of IQ testing itself, argue the rise is not so much proof of greater intelligence as it is of greater sophistication about test taking. Moreover, they argue that the increase is evidence of what's wrong with IQ testing.

One explanation for the increase is not possible: heredity. Because the rise has taken place in such a short time -- three IQ points per decade in the United States -- it cannot be because of genetic factors.

Zip

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

or else that Die-Hard movie series hero guy...whats-his-name

Bruce Willis.....The Man!! "Yepee Kiyay Mother Frogger"
(Die Hard)

I don't think humans are evolving faster (physically and in relation to the universe) however we are getting smarter faster due to technology....PS2, games and TV have alot to do with this....especially in kids...where else are they gonna learn, not in school.

I read in some article, I forgot where but anyways it said that we aswell as everything around us is evolving faster and faster.....this happens because the universe is getting faster and faster.

But we do not notice because space and time also get faster and faster...so we have have nothing to compare it to because everthing stays the same in relation to everything else.

[edit on 28/6/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Actually evolution may be speeding up if only slightly. HOw old would you have ben to have a child say 300 years ago. Now how old can you be to have a baby now, kids as young as 13 have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join