It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was There Some Market Manipulation Today? 7/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just took a look at the Dow Jones graph for todays trading and there's something weird going on. At 1.:56 PM there was a 200 point leap in the Dow from just over 11000 point to about 11250, but by 1:58 PM the Dow fell back by almost the same amount. In that 2 minute window over 1 million stocks were traded, about double the normal 2 minute window... What happened...?

finance.aol.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yep something is seems to be happening I just was watching it

2:45pm........11,167.80
2:47pm........11,134.58
2:49pm........11,100.15

then at 3:00pm this:...11,203.13

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's the Plunge Protection Team at work again!

The real indicator for many is that the DOW broke downwards through 11000.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well now I know there's some funny business going on. I just looked at the graph again and the 200 point spike has disappeared. Instead it shows a jump of only 27 points at 1:56 PM and then a drop of 16 points at 1:58 PM. It was definitely a spike of over 200 points before and I wish I'd taken a screenshot. Somebody's altering the trading figures..

[edit on 7/11/2008 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
certainly of late not a slight manipulation but a biggie: read on
Wag the Dog: How to Conceal Massive Economic Collapse: www.globalresearch.ca...

Last week, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had just announced record losses, and so had most reporting corporations. Unemployment was mounting, the foreclosure crisis was deepening, state budgets were in shambles, and massive bailouts were everywhere. Investors had every reason to expect the dollar and the stock market to plummet, and gold and oil to shoot up. Strangely, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 300 points, the dollar strengthened, and gold and oil were crushed. What happened? It hardly took psychic powers to see that the Plunge Protection Team had come to the rescue. Formally known as the President’s Working Group on Financial Markets, the PPT was once concealed and its very existence denied as if it were a matter of strict national security. But the PPT has now come out of the closet. What was once a legally questionable "manipulator" of markets has become a sanctioned stabilizer and protector of markets. The new tone was set in January 2008, when global markets took their worst tumble since September 11, 2001. Senator Hillary Clinton said in a statement reported by the State News Service: "I think it’s imperative that the following step be taken. The President should have already and should do so very quickly, convene the President’s Working Group on Financial Markets. That’s something that he can ask the Secretary of the Treasury to do. . . . This has to be coordinated across markets with the regulators here and obviously with regulators and central banks around the world."1 The mystery over what was going on with the dollar the first week in August was solved by James Turk, founder of GoldMoney, who wrote on August 7: "[T]he banking problems in the United States continue to mount, while the federal government’s deficit continues to soar out of control. . . . So what happened to cause the dollar to rally over the past three weeks? In a word, intervention. Central banks have propped up the dollar, and here’s the proof.

a thread w/similaries www.abovetopsecret.com...

one crisis after another to keep us busy.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I agree with you also on the reason why, Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae downfall is inminent.

It is rumors that the once the government take over the two big firms will be shredded into peaces, no good for the investors.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are now nearly worthless, having each lost nearly 90 percent of their value in the last year alone. Fannie Mae shares dropped to just $3.75 on Thursday; Freddie Mac shares bottomed at one point at $2.68. A government bailout is now all but certain, and the possibility that the two federally-sponsored giants will be dismantled and sold for scrap is now a serious concern, according to Reuters

This article is from today.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Feddie/Fannie Mae and ultimate demise might be what propels the collapse of U.S. government w/such sudden force men's hearts will fail them from fear.

"There’s a crisis in the White House, and to save the election, they’d have to fake a war."

"I’m in show business, why come to me?" "War is show business, that’s why we’re here." – "Wag the Dog" (1997 film)
www.globalresearch.ca...

it certainly will be much worst, imho, and somehow i feel things are just about in position.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I agree this is another good tibit on Freddy and Fanny this one is mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was provided by Relentless in a thread I opened many months ago when the first signs of government intervention were first heard off, is been updated now daily with grate information.

This a bit of what the link said.

PAULSON SAID the government wasn't going to bail out speculators.

YOU LIED TO CONGRESS AND TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE PAULSON; the biggest speculators of all are in the corner offices of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, along with the bondholders who purchased their debt, and now you want to bail both of them out!

Very, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

to bring it even further down, one never owns any property but rents to the government.

even Budweiser has been sold to the Belgiums thanks in part to McCain's wife.

awesome thread.

new topics

top topics

join