It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Meat Taken Off China Menus For Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Dog Meat Taken Off China Menus For Olympics

www.ndtv.com

Press Trust of India
Friday, July 11, 2008 (Beijing)
Restaurants and hotels in the Chinese capital have been asked to take dog meat off the menu during Olympics and Paralympics due to concerns that the canine dishes might be offensive to Westerners and animal rights activists.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2008 by solarstorm]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Is anyone on this forum brave enough to admit that dog or cat meat has made it into their stomach?

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is Dog not God backwards? How many animals in the world are as forgiving( similar to God) as dogs are.......unconditional love. Someone will pay for what they do!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
man and I was going to order up a big ol plate of chow chow mien!
Isn't the Olympics also supposed to showcase the best of all that the host country has to offer?

I kinda see this as a bummer, I mean if its something that is eaten in your country as a matter of course then it should be allowed to be eaten while foreigners are in country as well. What if someone was curious about having dog?

And yes I have actually eaten dog before, I was very young at the time, so I can't remember how it tasted. Hooray for omnivores!

[edit on 7/11/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Orient seem to have a varied menu. Cat, rat, dog,hog,mice,rice,...no no Sam I am I do not like brown dog rice spam.....lol

Really, whats the difference if its a dog or a cow?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
havent eaten cat or dog.. yet. I certainly wouldn't turn it down. I've eaten Guinea pig before. tastes like chicken.. there's just a lot less of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Actually, I thought Guinea Pig tasted a lot like Opossum!

top topics

join