It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australasian Earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I was just having a look at the USGS site and noticed that there have been quite a few recently around Australia (Pacific Islands, PNG and Indonesia) (7 in the past 24 hours around and above 5+)
Is it that common to have half a dozen quakes at 5+ in this area and not get reported.
It just seems scary to me that they are sneaking up on us and we are not being told.

USGS (As if no one here knows where to find it....)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

One must wonder which quakes are real and which are due to weaponry...

I don't expect any U.S. agency to tell the truth about anything. In fact, I expect them to lie or misrepresent all information.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by splendourinthegrass

I have heard some speculation about the tsunami in Indonesia, Christmas of 2004, having been set off by HAARP

Do you have any source info on your statement abt earthquakes being the result of weapons?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I was just having a look at the USGS site and noticed that there have been quite a few recently around Australia (Pacific Islands, PNG and Indonesia) (7 in the past 24 hours around and above 5+)
Is it that common to have half a dozen quakes at 5+ in this area and not get reported.
It just seems scary to me that they are sneaking up on us and we are not being told.

USGS (As if no one here knows where to find it....)

Yes, it is very common for quakes larger than 5+ to go unreported. In fact, unless they do damage or kill westerners, we never hear of them - and this includes 7+ quakes.

If you subscribe to the (free) USGS feed, you see quakes happening regulary, and I estimate less than 5% are reported.

For example, during the month of June, there was on average more than one quake per day greater than 5.5! A huge run considering we normallly get one this size, per fortnight, if that, on average.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm located just above Indonesia and there was a mid-sized earthquake just a few nights ago. I just remembered it now. It was just over 5-8 seconds, I think.

[edit on 7/11/08 by homo_borg]

top topics

join