It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Green Amry Men Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Little Green Army Men Project

Mrs. Graves' World History class at Flagler Palm Coast High School is working on a memorial project. They are collecting one little green plastic army man figure for each of the fallen troops in the Iraqi War. It was a lesson started after reading about a class doing something similar for holocaust survivors in Tennessee. This was designed to give the students a better concept of the numbers lost in the war. Also, a way to memorialize them. Each student was allowed to donate one figure, and then they had to get donations of the rest as a way of getting community involvement.

This was designed not as a statement of what is "right" or "wrong" with the war. It is a way to show that it is more than just numbers or names, but memories of people who served with integrity, courage, and honor. This project is about the people, not the politics.

Cnn / Ireport

Nice memorial.

If I still had my collection of little green army men, from when I was a kid, I'd certainly be sending them.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

noble indeed.

i think it is a great idea for children learn of the sacrifices that fellow americans have given to this country...

join