It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences in bed - Consider this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is just a short one. I want to hear some people's thoughts.

This is in no way attempting to prove or disprove anything. It is just something to consider. And it may seem vaguely humorous, but please no jokes. Unless they're really funny.

This morning I was having a dream where I was fighting some people. Physically fighting, fisticuffs and the like. (Not that it matters but, as I recall, I was fighting one of the cast members of that Reno 911 show. The guy with the mustache.) So, anyway, I began to wake up and see my room and noticed my hands were actually moving in response to the dream. And much to my great dismay, I punched my wife right in the side of the face as she slept. My hand was in a fist and it was with some considerable force. She immediately rolled a bit in the other direction and covered her face with her hands and started crying and I could hear her saying, "Why, why, why?" I was immediately apologetic and greatly distraught and was started saying "sorry" over and over and trying to explain what just happened. I tried to roll her back towards me a little bit to see her face and if she was alright. And to explain what happened.

As i rolled her to me, I noticed her hands weren't on her face and she wasn't even awake, she was just waking when I rolled her back to me. I woke her up fully and tried to apologize for punching her in the face, and she had no idea what I was talking about. NOw let me just reiterate that I hit her with considerable force and there is no way she would not have woken up if the punch had actually happened.

So, I didn't punch my wife. But the important part is it happened in that half awake dream state. Everything from the first few seconds of me waking and punching her to me realizing it had never happened, felt as real as could be. The punch, the impact, her crying. There was no transition in my perception of reality. But as it turns out, none of it happened.

I was able to prove that this event didn't occur, because my wife obviously would know if she had just been hit in the face. But I wonder, if it had been another type of incident, (e.g. seeing a ghost or an alien or hearing voices), if I would believe it really happened. This incident seemed real as day and I felt fully awake at the time it occurred.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've experienced strange things as well, during the half-wake half-sleep time. (You know SP happens in this mode? Night hags present themselves during this time, soundless. But neither of those are my own experience.) Mine entails alarm clocks going off hours early, my getting physically up then, and almost dashing out the door for the bus before four in the morning. (For a while after that, i thought it was actually someone's doing- a trick being played on me, or someone actually wanting me to go outside right then, for some purpose. I was a suspicious tenth grader. When i was in 10th grade...)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought you were looking for a date- with that title

Seriously, sometimes your mind just doesn't wake up in sinc with your body or conciousness. It sounds like you were somewhere between dreaming and waking. like Lavita is saying. Maybe your concious self woke up, then your body, and then your subconcious, or the other way around, if that makes sense.

I quit smoking five and a half years ago, and I have not had one cigarette since, but I dream sometimes I have had one. Then I wake up and feel so guilty and dissappointed because I have to start all over at day 1, but then I realise I had been dreaming. It takes me a while to realize it, though, and messes with my mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree completely with what you both said. I believe I was in that half sleep state.

What I wanted people to consider was that if it had been a voice or apparition I had seen I would have believed it was real as I felt completely awake at the time.

I wanted to know what people thought in regards to other people that have had experiences in bed either before sleeping or after waking up.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow, thats really crazy. I'm glad it was just a dream, I think the brain can trick us like this sometimes. Well, I haven't anything to add thats similar, really, but about a year ago I remember having a full blown conversation with my girlfriend in my dream, we were talking about all kinds of things and having a really good laugh, well the thing is, she was actually 400 miles away at the time and we both recalled everything! It was like we were with each other telepathically and just having a conversation in the 'dream world'. Too this day I can't explain it, hasn't happened since though, but it just makes you relise that theres more to dreams than what is understood.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
fil0000:

Very interesting stuff. I am not one of those people who is lucid in their dreams. When I am dreaming, it is my whole reality and I do not know that I am dreaming or that I have an existence outside the dream. I don't know this stuff until I wake up. And I wonder sometimes if what I think of as real life is actually just a dream I am having. I sometimes wonder if I will just "wake up."

new topics

top topics

join