It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie ' The Happening ' = secret HAARP movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey all, I always thought hollywood had some kind of disclosure on just about every conspiracy out there. Just watched the movie " The Happening " , and I couldn't help but think the "villan" if you like was actually HAARP.

**** SPOILER ****

The people seem to witness a 'wind' and slight climate change before their madness sets in. I thought it was interesting that the media reported it as a plant self defence toxin, that would be released when groups of people moved about. I thought infra-red satellite auto targeting system that basically targeted in on living humans, thus the HAARP focused its mind altering rays/beams on their position, and the program to self destruct begins.

Love to hear any more ideas, or if you think alike.

Z

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yes sounds a lot like HAARP but maybe it is simply the inference for the highly sought after BST,(Blank Slate Technology)which is the actual overlaying program re-configuring the brain syntax logic???

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If thats the case. Then maybe the villain in Stephen King's 'The Mist' Is the LHC. Anyone seen that movie? Thats what it made me think of anyway. As for the happening. It started off as a brilliant original screenplay, Was presented to the big wigs in hollywood, They looked over it, Said it was naff. Regected it and stated that unless there was a re write it wouldnt make the big screen. The resulting edited script & screen play translated into a naff movie with some of the hammiest acting ive ever seen since 'Up Pompei'

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It thought it was interesting that at the end of the movie a newscaster on tv is heard to say "Most people think the government was behind it" or words to that effect. A tip of the hat to the growing influence of the conspiracy crowd?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have to say, you're giving M. Night Shaymalan waaaaay too much credit if you think he was referencing HAARP. This was just typical MNS BS: a good premise, great buildup, decent actors and a sh[t conclusion. IMO the only villain in this movie was the piece of crap ending.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great point about HAARP, I thought the same thing. Here's my plot analysis for The Happening which I didn't take at face value...

*SPOILER*

Alternate working titles for this movie; "Green Planet" and "The Green Effect".

These alternate titles seem to point to global warming as the underlining factor. The viewer is immediately made to believe that nature is the cause and is possibly "fighting back" against the human threat of destroying the planet via global warming and planet raping for fossil fuels.

The first attack occurs in a park, where humans and trees co-exist in large numbers. As it spread, another park was hit and eventually we are shown the map of areas hit. All being contained to an area of the East Coast. The newscast also explains that "autopsy results point to a natural toxin".

When this "natural toxin" information is provided on mainstream media shortly after the first attack, the viewer should consider that conclusion to be extremely quick and that it may be "planted" information for the media to provide.

It's important to consider throughout history the disinformation and propaganda that has been provided to the public or society as a whole, to attain certain agendas.

"We've Sensed It. We've Seen The Signs. Now... It's Happening." - This tagline, in it's context, cleverly refers to control and the loss of liberty, in my opinion (not just his previous movies). If you are familiar with the case for global warming then you are aware of the potentially overwhelming challenges ahead. What you may not be aware of is the desire and manipulation of this legitimate problem as a means of population control. It has been considered as a way for the "real rulers of the world" to increase their power and control over the public.
The current sense is that we are slowly loosing out liberties. You can see the signs everywhere.

The real rulers of the world have an agenda, a one world government. World elites such as David Rockefeller, Prince Phillip, Ted Turner, many who attend regular Bilderberg meetings, have expressed that population and it's control is of the utmost importance to the planet. Of course when they say this they mean, most important for "their plans for the planet".

With regards to the film, plenty of distracters were provided from the beginning for the audience. The camera focus on windy trees or grass before an attack, the rolling up of windows and blocking of airway cracks in door and sunroofs, etc. From the beginning of the film, this was constant.

As the movie ends, more clues are provided. A scene including a pregnancy test signifying the "new fight against population control" followed by another newscast. This time an expert is being interviewed 3 months later. He proceeds to explain the unknown potentials of nature and its forces. The incident is quickly accepted as a freak natural occurrence. As if nature responded or started to fight back against the "human threat".

Exactly as in real life, humans are being purpetrated as the critical threat to the planet. In order to save us from ourselves and from this new environmental threat (now occurring in France) the public will have to start accepting the government's contingency plans. These plans will limit freedom exponentially in exchange for safety.

The Happening is no freak natural occurrence. It is a planned mind control/mind altering attack purpetrated by the most evil of people. People familiar with HAARP are able to envision how an attack such as The Happening could theoretically occur.

A quick background, the Ionosphere is being manipulated by US government scientists using the Alaskan transmitter called HAARP, which sends focused radiated power to heat up sections of the Ionosphere, which bounces power down again. ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) waves produced from HAARP, when targeted on selected areas, can weather-engineer and create mood changes affecting millions of people.

A weapon system such as that could target areas such as those dots seen on the newscast. Perhaps this is why the main characters were just outside reach of the radio waves on several occasions and thus didn't become affected.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Awesome you get it too. I am also wondering if the bad press this movie got was due to the powers that be not wanting issues such as HAARP discussed in MSM. I only just got the tag line and that's a great take on that too.

Love

Z

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
what if project Haarp was all about convincing other countries that the Usa and it's allies have a super ground based star wars weapon to fear?
What if its nothing more then an antenna field similar to the ones we have on our houses or satellite dishes but in a larger array?
Isn't all this hype more about convincing others we have more power then they or we actually do?

new topics

top topics

join