It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intrigued, and wanting more.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have always been interested in Vampires, along with other "supernatural" creatures, beings whatever you wish to call them. But recently, gone into more research... I am new to this site, and reading what everyone has had to says on here is definitely... amusing.

Vampires along with other things have been over done by Hollywood to make a pretty penny. For example; television, movies, and magazines have put an image in young girl's minds what they should look like-- and if they don't they won't be accepted.... That is just ridiculous, and sad.

Many girls dream about characters like Edward from Twilight... And having a tall, dark, long haired, mystery guy sweep you off your feet... The adventure, the passion, the bit of fear you have--but it's thrilling and you crave more. Of course it's a fantasy...It has been one of mine, however my fantasy is not why I am intrigued. I am a curious young lady, and sometimes tend to put myself where I don't belong. I don't stop until I find what I'm looking for.

But what else is there to them? Can they all be evil? I don't believe so. I don't believe that if a vampire were to walk out in the sunlight then they would burst into flames... if they only come out at night..There has to be a better reason. Maybe vision is better at night? Or they've been hiding so long, that they are....sensitive to sunlight. Garlic..well now that is just silly. Would you want to be that close to someone who's been eating garlic and hasn't brushed their teeth yet? Don't think so. Crosses...crosses are interesting, and I'm torn between myself. It makes sense-- sometimes at least, vampires might not act evil...or participate in horrific activities, but in a religious sense would God still accept you? Or was it just because years ago everyone was so deep in religion that they thought a simple cross could protect them from what is supposed to be such a strong being.

My thoughts on the whole subject is a bit scatter brained, there surprisingly aren't many stories that seem to make sense that involves encounters with a vampire. Why is that? Have they not come back? I'm sure many have searched for them... Or do they have too much respect for them, want to keep their secret...their secret?

I do believe in them. It's good to have an open mind, and to do that sometimes you need to believe before you have seen. And of course I have never met one, or talked to a vampire to my knowledge anyway. I would love to learn more... And eventually meet one. I am sure it would be an amazing experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I can definately understand your fascination with Vampires. I also found them irresistable...until I met one of my own. He actually was the perfect fantasy vampire- dark hair, pale skin, dark enigmatic eyes....
Long story short? 17 years, 2 kids and one divorce later- my vampire lives with his mother and delivers pizza...still a pretty nice guy though...

If I could do it all over? I would spend a lot less time in coffee houses buying illicit substances from people with names like "Critter" and I'd go to a nice community college and work my way towards a nursing degree.
I really mean NO disrespect to the OP- it just brought up some of my old stuff!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Don't get too caught up in vampires and other myths like that.. It's good to keep an open mind but not so open that your brain falls out.

join